xDevLibrary Announces New OpenGL Book

November 14, 2016 – xDevLibrary is delighted to announce the release of a new book by Eugene Dakin, “I Wish I Knew How to… Program OpenGL Core 32-bit with Xojo on Windows and OSX.”

There are many impressive games that have been created with OpenGL, such as Doom 3, Counter-Strike, various Medal of Honor titles, Need for Speed, and many others. This book will provide you with the basics to start your own OpenGL core projects on Xojo. Watch the video clips at SciSpec.ca in the Books Section! The table of contents for I Wish I Knew How To… Program OpenGL Core 32-bit with Xojo on Windows and OSX are available for preview on the website.

OpenGL is one of the few standards for creating a powerful software interface. There is a great deal of reusable code and material on the internet that can be adapted to Xojo.

This book builds a strong foundation on programming graphics. This is an advanced graphics book and it is highly recommended to understand the Xojo programming language first. An intermediate book called I Wish I Knew How to… Program the Canvas Control with Xojo Desktop is a good book to study and understand before learning OpenGL. Examples in this book have been created and tested on Windows 10 and OSX El Capitan operating systems. This book is focused on 32-bit programming. Much of the code works with a timer to provide smooth graphics and animation. Below are a few videos of examples that are included in this book. These examples are currently 32-bit.

Examples include:

• Many primitives (quads, triangles, etc.)
  • Fundamentals of colours
  • Movement and rotation
  • Beginning lighting
  • Lots of texturing
  • Blender models
  • Transparency
  • Camera viewing
  • An introductory understanding of threads
  • Collision detection
  • Xojo Blocks game
  • A first person viewer (no shooting)
  • …and more

There are over 550 pages with 23 chapters and more than 80 example programs with this book. This ebook is pdf formatted and all examples are included as Xojo code. It is assumed that you have an intermediate understanding of both Graphics programming and of the Xojo language.

Interested readers can find out more and purchase this book and many others at xDevLibrary (http://www.xdevlibrary.com) for instant delivery via GumRoad.

About xDev Magazine
Formerly Real Studio Developer, xDev Magazine has been publishing since 2002. xDev is an independent bimonthly publication focused on instructing users of the Xojo development environment. Each issue features over 70 pages of quality articles from top Xojo programmers and authors. xDev is renown around the world as the premiere publication of Xojo instruction, tutorials, and programming advice.

About xDevLibrary
Formerly RBLibrary, xDevLibrary is a site for la carte purchases of books and articles about Xojo, REAL Studio, and REALbasic. Instead of waiting for a magazine issue to be published, readers can just purchase the articles they’d like immediately. The library covers a vast array of topics for Xojo beginners, experts, and everyone in between.

About Xojo
Xojo, Inc. was founded with the idea that software development should be accessible to anyone. With traditional tools, creating software applications can be a very complicated process, but using Xojo anyone can learn to create high quality, native apps for the desktop, web, mobile, and Raspberry Pi. With users all over the world, Xojo apps can be found in every conceivable category - from commercial software applications to use in governments, universities, businesses, and the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.xojo.com.

Contact details for your readers:
E-mail: support@xdevlibrary.com
World Wide Web: http://www.xdevlibrary.com
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 872, Lafayette, OR 97127