XDC2014 Open Conversation - Day 3

[quote=74884:@Kimball Larsen]Extension methods. How have I used Xojo for this many years and not known I could do this? [/quote] I remember when they were introduced… but not in what version… Anybody remember that?

@Karen Atkocius - I showed off what I’m doing with your listbox subclass to people around me at the conference today. There was considerable nodding of heads and rubbing of chins.

There are some indications that in the new framework the listbox replacement will include at least some of the longstanding requests for the existing listbox.

Well given the the URL to it! ! :wink:

I meant to mention Thom’s excellent blog post about Security Through Obesity at my session today. See it at:

http://s.thezaz.com/JwHJGk

Although I’m glad a lot of people didn’t read that first or they would have had no reason to attend.

@Kem Tekinay - I really enjoyed your security discussion this morning… Very interesting approach that I’m going to look into implementing.

[quote=74890:@Kimball Larsen]@Karen Atkocius - I showed off what I’m doing with your listbox subclass to people around me at the conference today. There was considerable nodding of heads and rubbing of chins.

There are some indications that in the new framework the listbox replacement will include at least some of the longstanding requests for the existing listbox.[/quote]
I guess we’ll have to get used to calling it a Table soon :slight_smile:

@Tim Hare is giving his presentation on Data Mining, and doing it very well.

That was supposed to read:

Well give them the URL to it! :wink:

I do wonder if I should add more features to it.

The link to Karen’s listbox classes (as well as some alternate implementations with similar solutions) are included in the slides from Paul.

One word to sum up PubCoder: Amazing. One of the best Xojo-built apps I’ve ever seen.

I just learned this from Norman’s Debugging Techniques session: It turns out that my dumb mistakes have names.

I neglected to mention that @Massimo Valle did a lot of work on MacOSLib that ultimately made its way into the main repo through Vidal. Thanks Massimo!

More from Norman: You can’t break when a property changes in the Xojo debugger, so convert it to a Computed Property and set a breakpoint in Set. Why had I never thought of that?

I promise to dislike a load of stuff tomorrow, to balance out all of my Likes.

Feedback session, then Battleship, then decide what to do for the rest of the night.

So, Kem, did you enter after all?

I reckon that those of us who are the shunned outcast renegades (the non-attendees) should have organized a probably-illegal bet on who is going to win.

I did not, with too much to do. But naturally we can all agree that if I had, I would have participated.

Some meet for dinner at 6:30 in the lobby and go to the New York hotel.

Aaaaand… scene.