XDC2014 Open Conversation - Day 1

Post your notes, thoughts, comments, and yes, even questions about the keynote, sessions, and all things XDC here.

It’s 8:57 AM PDT and we’re waiting for Geoff to take the stage for the keynote. Quite a good crowd buzzing.

Dana has introduced Geoff, who takes the stage…

Use #XDC2014 hashtag to keep all the conversations in various forums related.

Biggest conference to date from 14 countries…

we all would love to hear about iOS, LLVM and 64bit dates…

Talking about the Battleship contest right now…

Credit card standing by, just in case :wink:

Marc Zeedar called up for special mention for his contributions to the Xojo community. Well-deserved…

Xojo Cloud overview details are next…

Xojo sports drink will be delivering cases to of their product to the conference. Nice.

Oh, first prize for Battleship contest is a fully decked-out iPad Air, so there’s that…

Attendance up 16% over Last year and 13 Countries represented #XDC2014

Reviewing the challenges of setting up a secure server on the Internet. With VPS, you have 15 minutes to get your server configured before hackers get in. Xojo site has been scanned 15 million times over last year…

Appreciating these posts Kem, thanks. Maybe next year my wife won’t be about to give birth and I’ll be able to attend :wink:

congrats!!

Pfft, there’s a delivery center just next door. Two attendees gave birth this morning, and their kids are live-blogging the keynote now.

Congrats, btw.

[quote=74244:@Kem Tekinay]Pfft, there’s a delivery center just next door. Two attendees gave birth this morning, and their kids are live-blogging the keynote now.

Congrats, btw.[/quote]
Genuine LOL!

Reviewing the security measures they took for Xojo Cloud and why it’s more cost-effective to let them handle it than to try to do it yourself. Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.

Moving on to changes in the framework…

I have #XDC2014 in its own panel on Tweetdeck. :slight_smile:

Timing just let me down this year from going to LV, of course the project at work slipped a couple of weeks so I could have gone! C’est la vie!

“Classic Framework” exists today, “Xojo Framework” is coming. New framework will look and feel very similar to to classic. Starting with console framework…

All indexes in Xojo Framework will start with zero. (Applause, for good reason.)

Consistently named API’s. Mentions “Remove” vs. “Delete” as an example.

Modernize API’s (Integers replaced with Doubles for graphics calls, for example)…