Xcode9

Okay. I give up. My only issue is that when I upgraded to 2017r3 the layouts on many of my controls were lost. It took weeks to to put it back together and I am skeptical that an update will magically find Xcode 9 since right now even the simulator is not found when that was working before my MacOS got updated while I was asleep at the switch.

Thanks guys.

I agree switching from 2017r1 to 2017r3 (or later) was a bit of a pain.

But honestly launching 2018r1 with Xcode 9 just works as intended. Make sure to open Xcode 9 at least once before opening Xojo.

Thanks Jeremie.

Congratulations on the World Cup. I’m going to try one more thing before I give in and upgrade.

You can download 2018r1 for free and try it to see. Unfortunately Apple changed a lot of things in Xcode 9 that broken things on our end. And as Jeremie says, you need the iOS 11 SDK for iPhone X support and that is only available starting with 2018r1 anyway.

Thanks Paul. I will do just that.

Same issue with 2018r1.1

Can’t find the simulator.

I am at a complete loss now.

Not sure at this point. Reinstall Xcode? Try a new Mac user account in case something is totally messed up in yours.

I may be wrong, but didn’t someone say once, you had to run Xcode (by itself) at least once to let it get its act together and THEN Xojo would be fine?

Tried reinstall Xcode

Did run it before starting Xojo

Verified location in Xcode

Verified all simulators

Verified all certificates

Shut down and restart several times .

Smashed computer with hammer.

Check out what might have been at www.boat-minder.com

Going sailing.

Seriously, I’m trying your suggestion Paul and setting up a new account with a fresh start. Since I’ve been at this since 6:30 AM I’ll let you know if it worked tomorrow.

Is Xcode 9 filename “Xcode.app” ?
If you rename Xcode it may happen that Xojo doesn’t find the simulator.

Good Morning Jeremie,

It may not be. I’ll check. Right now I’m in the midst of setting up a new Mac user account with fresh installs of everything and extracting Xcode 9.01. I can’t switch over to check. I have my App and Xojo 2017r3 set up and waiting for Xcode to finish extracting. It’s a good suggestion since I had both Xcode 8.3.3 and 9.01 on the desktop and may have named them accordingly. Thanks.

[quote=397053:@Jeremie Leroy]Is Xcode 9 filename “Xcode.app” ?
If you rename Xcode it may happen that Xojo doesn’t find the simulator.[/quote]
That should only be a problem if you rename it after setting the command line tools. I’ve got several versions of Xcode here and they all work fine as long as I rename them first.

Created a new User Account on my Mac
Downloaded and installed Xcode 9.0
Built Hello App in Xcode and ran on simulator with no issues
Downloaded and installed Xojo 2018r1
Built Hello App in Xojo 2018r1

Simulator not found

A conundrum.

Where to go from here ?

When you run this command in Terminal on macOS X what does it show?

xcode-select -p

/Users/Werner/Desktop/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

I’m copying Xcode 9 into the Application folder even as we speak in case it needs to reside with Xojo although Xcode 8.3.3 ran just fine from the Desktop.

Notwithstanding Jeremie’s post yesterday …

the only error with uploading the .ipa received from Apple was the fact it was built with Xcode 8.3.3 and is required to be built with 9.0 or later. This leads me to believe that 2017r3 is compatible. I’m not trying to get around a license renewal anymore; I just want this to work and get it uploaded.

As Jeremie said, I don’t think that this is going to work with 2017r3 and Xcode 9.

[quote=397171:@Werner Hamp]Notwithstanding Jeremie’s post yesterday

.the only error with uploading the .ipa received from Apple was the fact it was built with Xcode 8.3.3 and is required to be built with 9.0 or later. This leads me to believe that 2017r3 is compatible. I’m not trying to get around a license renewal anymore; I just want this to work and get it uploaded.[/quote]
Why would it lead you to believe this? Apple has no idea what created the original project (Xojo), just that the delivered IPA was from 8.3.3 … and since Apple requires Xcode 9, and the only version of Xojo that works with Xcode 9 is 2018, there in lies the requirement

• Apple Requires submissions be compiled with Xcode 9 (they don’t care what version of Xojo you use, only what Xcode)
  • Xojo 2017 will not compile using Xcode 9 (see above)
  • So in order to meet Apples Requirements, it will require Xojo 2018

OK, but I’m still not able to run the App in Xojo 2018r1 and Xcode 9. I get the Simulator not found error. It is not linking for some reason.