Xcode 9: No run, no build

I just installed Xcode 9 on my mac book on HighSierra and the ‘Run’ and ‘Build’ buttons are no more working in a ios project.

Something I can do for it ?

Xojo 2017 R2.1

Install Xcode 8
http://developer.xojo.com/system-requirements$iOS%20Apps

It’s a pity this wasn’t fixed in Xojo2017 R2.1

It didn’t meet the criteria for what needed to be in a bug fix release
Its not fatal for user projects or the IDE

EDIT : I can say that I did look at this recently
I wish Apple would quit making huge changes in each Xcode release to how the simulator works from the cmd line :frowning:

Maybe you could store the command line commands and switches in some text file, so they could be edited by users to change them?

Thank you. It’s a good thing I did not install Xcode 9 on my main computer.

You can have both installed at the same time. Switching between them is easily done from the Xcode preferences.

Nice!

If only it were that simple

This time Apple added some interesting new features to the simulator. You can run multiple concurrent simulators and you can debug directly on a iOS device via Wifi. May these are reasons for some breaking changes on the command line?

I believe it is because Xcode 9 only supports 64bit applications and Xojo only runs 32bit apps in the simulator.

Xojo 2.1, Xcode 8 and 9 install at the same computer

I have tried the following:

Downloading and Installing Xcode 9 from apple store. Rename “Xcode” to “Xcode9” in the program folder. Locking into my development account. Run and tested the simulator etc. everything simes to be working fine!

Then I have downloaded Xcode 8.3.3 from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ . Opened it in the download folder, and move it to the program folder under “Xcode”. Then I have Download the old simulator from inside the Xcode 8.3.3. Locked into my developer account. Tested Xcode with old simulator. Testet an everything simes to be working fine!

Then I have reinstalled Xojo 2.1. Testet and everything sims to be working.

I knowe that there are no garanties with this kind of working around. So please share if you encounter og think of problems regarding this side by side setup!

Xojo 2.1, Xcode 8 and 9 install at the same computer

I have tried the following:

Downloading and Installing Xcode 9 from apple store. Rename “Xcode” to “Xcode9” in the program folder. Locking into my development account. Run and tested the simulator etc. everything seems to be working fine!

Then I have downloaded Xcode 8.3.3 from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ . Opened it in the download folder, and move it to the program folder under “Xcode”. Then I have Download the old simulator from inside the Xcode 8.3.3. Locked into my developer account. Tested Xcode with old simulator. Tested and everything seems to be working fine!

Then I have reinstalled Xojo 2.1. Testet and everything seems to be working.

I know that there are no guarantees with this kind of workingaround. So please share if you encounter og think of problems regarding this side by side setup.

I did the same thing and it worked. Not sure what you mean by download the old simulator from inside Xcode 8.3.3 though. I didn’t have to do anything special, just rename the current Xcode to Xcode9, and then download 8.3.3 from Apple, unpack it and throw it in the applications folder. I did launch it once to make sure it opened ok. Didn’t do anything else.

I did exactly as Kevin. Seem to work fine for me too.

I’ll just stay with Xcode 8 until Xojo can handle it.

BTW: When i may upgrade to High Sierra after the 24th, will i still be able to install XCode 8 instead of 9. Has anybody already tested this?

Tested with High Sierra GM. Working fine.

Just got bit by this as my Mac automatically updated me to Xcode 9. Had to follow the tips here and re-download Xcode 8. Thanks. That’s about a half hour I’ll never get back. :wink:

IMHO the long and short of it are; Apple only cares about people using Swift in Xcode.

[quote=350329:@Gilles Rioux]I just installed Xcode 9 on my mac book on HighSierra and the ‘Run’ and ‘Build’ buttons are no more working in a ios project.

Something I can do for it ?

Xojo 2017 R2.1[/quote]
Any idea when this will be fixed ?

Thanks