www.xippets.com

Follow this thread - The new Xippets site launch date will be announced shortly

The old Xippets site at www.boxedbyte.com/xippets.php will be taken down on 2014-09-20. You can still post/comment/request on the site up until that date.

We are in the process of transferring all the data to the new site.

Xippets now has a Facebook page. Please be the first to friend request us, we don’t have any… :slight_smile:

Xippets on Facebook

The xippets.com site only shows the “something is brewing” ?

It is still brewing… Really not far off…

Hi Mike,

Not sure what is causing this, but my ‘Avast! Web Shield’ gives the following error when I open this Xojo forum topic:

[code]avast! Web Shield has blocked a harmful webpage or file

Object: https://www.cubbyusercontent.com
Infection: URL:Mal
Process: C:\program files(x86)\…\chrome.ext
[/code]

This is on my Windows 8.1 machine and am not sure where this is coming from - possibly a link on this page?

Eugene, i get the same message from Avast.
Also noticed that the page keeps loading for ever.

It’s the giant ‘Something is brewing’ picture.

Sorry folks, don’t know why it is doing that. Nothing sinister as far as I am aware. The picture is just uploaded to my cubby account and then linked to here.

Ok, I have asked Xojo to change the link to the image above from cubby.com to the one hosted at xippets.com. This should sort the issue you are seeing.

Hi Mike,

It looks like it is ‘fixed’, as there are no Avast warnings when on this thread.

Thank you

As far as I can tell its the same image just hosted at a different spot.
Seems like Avast being silly.

[quote=133832:@Norman Palardy]As far as I can tell its the same image just hosted at a different spot.
Seems like Avast being silly.[/quote]

I don’t think so, when the message of Avast came up, this forum webpage kept loading, every other page didn’t. I think that the picture was damaged and the page tried to show it continuously, which Avast interpreted as malicious activity.

But as a (bloody)(translation: b.l.o.od.y) amateur i’ll give my opinion pleasantly for a better one.

Ok some development updates of what is to come… soon…

[h]Logging in to Xippets[/h]
Many people complained on the old site that there was no remember me feature when you logged in. Well now there is and not only that we’ve added Facebook login and plan on adding more social logins for other sites people use.

[h]The main Xippets page[/h]
The big change and we think we are about there with this is the Xippets main listing page. So much has happened here:

• Add to favourites by simply clicking on the star button - No page reload required
  • Tooltips for all the buttons so you know what they are
  • New questions featured in the right hand bar
  • Search now uses natural language so you can type questions as you would say them to search for something. Not only does it search the summaries, it searches all the text in the article.
  • We now use TAGS for categories. You will find all the old categories exist and your Xippets are still in the category you put them in but now they can be in 2, 3, 4 or however many categories you want. We now call them TAGS rather than categories. See the third Xippet down in the image below is listed with 3 TAGS.
  • Nowadays its all about sharing. Sharing is caring as my wife tells the kids. So we added a share button to every Xippet. From here you can share with about every social outlet you can think of; Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter etc etc and even your printer so it doesn’t feel left out.

[h]Viewing Xippets[/h]
When you click on a Xippet from the main page to view it you go straight to the viewer shown below. This has been re-designed to be clearer with larger fonts and we now show line numbering in the code snippets so you can easily comment on others code by making reference to line numbers

[h]Editing Xippets and Comments[/h]
Whether you are editing a Xippet to post or adding a comment to someone else’s Xippet, you will use the common text editor. Simple type and click for formatting tags, each one has a tool tip so you know what you are getting before you click it.

[h]Preview before you post[/h]
Another complaint with the old site was that you couldn’t preview Xippets before you posted them. Well now you can. From the text editor shown above, simply click the new Preview button and hey presto, up pops the preview window.

[quote=133867:@Andre Kuiper]I don’t think so, when the message of Avast came up, this forum webpage kept loading, every other page didn’t. I think that the picture was damaged and the page tried to show it continuously, which Avast interpreted as malicious activity.

But as a (bloody)(translation: b.l.o.od.y) amateur i’ll give my opinion pleasantly for a better one.[/quote]

All I can say its not the image as its literally byte for byte the same one so it HAD to be the hosting provider (somehow)
So Mike moved it and the URL was updated to avoid any unwarranted panic & confusion

Just asking: you can access all data without the need for login in? Hope so …

Yes all accessible without logging in. You will need to log in to post to the site and to comment on other peoples posts.

I still only get the picture … :frowning:

Same here on a Windows 8.1 machine.

The picture is a black hole sucking up Xippets.com :slight_smile: