Would this Violate the Xojo EULA?

This kind of sums it up, it seems to me.

If you haven’t already, I’d suggest having this conversation with Geoff rather than us on the forum…

[quote=58429:@Peter Truskier]
If you haven’t already, I’d suggest having this conversation with Geoff rather than us on the forum…[/quote]
Geoff’s well aware of this conversation since it started

Perhaps we organize our own conference as a side project? Pay only expenses to get and stay wherever…and “just enough” from everyone to rent the meeting place? (So cost goes down even further as more people attend?) With voluntary speakers and a collaborative effort to outline the itinerary so we cover what most interests the Xojo developer? Allowing even non xojo users to attend, hopefully convincing them at such an open-conference to join the Xojo community…and invest in a Xojo license. This way we eliminate people’s fears of using Xojo (even though they can use the IDE freely) by hearing what actual users have to say without investing much money and later regretting it? I’m always spending time trying to get brilliantly minded users of one of the other 9 primary languages I use daily (in those forums) to at least take time to try Xojo out. Especially now that the IDE is free to try, they are more enticed.

I assumed he was since i know he reads the forum, but I was just suggesting that contacting him directly might be a good first step…

we knew… so do we…

Maybe you should ask Bob Keeney just how practical that is.

Having been part of ARBP before joining Xojo Inc I can tell you that organizing a conference can be a lot of work & its far from “hey lets go somewhere & book some rooms at a discount and have fun”
To get a decent discounted rate you need to commit to a certain number of rooms that WILL be booked (or you pay a penalty) and you may be required to contract for other services like AV or Food Services if you want to use the conference facilities.
Then you have too get a decent schedule of speakers together (people generally don’t come with out that) and they won’t go far for a 1 day event.
ARBP organized 2 conferences in the couple years Xojo didm;t do them - one in Boulder & 1 in Atlanta
They were fun but a lot of work to put together for everyone concerned

I’m sure Bob can add to this

I think matthew would fit in perfectly. S++ is somewhat superiour to what realbasic was in the time i’ve seen it.