Working with Images

So I’m working with some images in R4. I’m not yet using the Image sets but I find that I’m having to delete the old image from the project and reimport it for the IDE to recognize a change. Reloading the project does not seem to do it. It’s almost as if the graphic is copied into the project.

Anyone else seeing this or has it simply been too long of a day?

It reads it from disk and doesn’t look at it again
Thats not changed in … well … nearly forever that I can think of

It reads it from disk and doesn’t look at it again
Until you move the project folder (it even keeps the OS X path when copied into a Windows machine).

But: I do not understand the question Bob. Can you elaborate a bit ?

I read the r4 release notes (and even make a search for image) without success.

[quote=238217:@Norman Palardy]It reads it from disk and doesn’t look at it again
Thats not changed in … well … nearly forever that I can think of[/quote]
Not true. If I replaced the image on disk and restarted the project it would pick up the new graphic. I’ve been using this technique for years and it’s just worked (whether by accident or on purpose is besides the point).

Now, I MUST delete the old graphic and put the new one in. This means that any place that’s using that graphic as a property will lose it.

Just want to know if anyone else is seeing this behavior.

I experinenced this exact behaviour a few versions back, and then it went away, and worked as expected.

If you replace the image on disk, and recompile, it did (and should in my opinion) use the new version.

I have not tried anything in this current version of XOJO.

Can you context click on the Picture and select ‘Relocate’?

I forgot about that. I suppose that would work. It just seems odd that behavior changed when Norman said nothing has been purposely changed in ‘forever’.

Else, the picture is cached and this may explain strange behaviors I saw all along these years :frowning: