Work with code

How do you work with code without going through all the menus? It is not very efficient to click so many times just to add a new property, structure or procedure.

Option-Command-P for a property, Option-Command-M for a method and so on.

If only Xojo made the cursor jump straight to the property/method name after triggering of the shortcut instead of the body of the code editor, that would save me a bunch of clicks :wink:

As always recommended in such situations; make a Feature Request :wink:

or RTFM…

+1

If you don’t like using shortcuts, have you tried using a right click on Properties, Methods, Events, Constants, etc. and selecting Add to “…”
(… = Properties or Methods or Events or Constants or …)

if you’re on windows or linux it’s not “command” but “control” key.

That is one of the many reasons why I still develop with REALStudio 2102!!

The Xojo IDE is a joke when you talk about ergonomic.

It does?

[quote=415036:@Paul Sondervan]If you don’t like using shortcuts, have you tried using a right click on Properties, Methods, Events, Constants, etc. and selecting Add to “…”
(… = Properties or Methods or Events or Constants or …)[/quote]
This is what I do since it eliminates having to select something in the Navigator first. Just right click on the thing you want to add something to.

It’s context sensitive. If you right click on an object’s Properties folder it’ll only let you add a Property or a Computed Property, although I wish it wouldn’t show a long list of greyed out items in the menu.

I am quite sure that the version of Xojo that will be available in 84 years will be superior to the 2018 version

REALStudio? Where can you get that IDE?

Get in your Delorean, set the time machine to 2012, and go exactly 88 mph.

If that is not an option, log in to your Xojo account and go to the download archives page and scroll down to 2012 and earlier.