Wishlist: ListBox RowHeight for each row

It would be really great if it were possible to set the row height in the listbox for each row individually.

1 Like

Have you searched in Feedback to see if this is already a feature request?

@Beatrix_Willius has a Listbox that does that.

DataView does it too.

So I don’t think Xojo will spend their scarce resources on a complete rewrite of the Listbox …

1 Like

Mergeable Cell Listbox by @KarenA
Very versatile, rows can have different heights as you would like to have.

1 Like

They can only be a multiple of the row height set for the listbox. And the code is API 1 . While it still works fine, it was coded against the features the Xojo Listbox had 10 years ago and the API I designed for the merging and some other features i added tried to stay consistent with that.

Xojo has since added some of the featured I added (as well as additional ones), but for the ones doing the same things, not with same API I created for them.

BTW coding that was real a slog! I did it while I was between jobs and had a lot of time on my hands.

-Karen

1 Like

Oops - sorry, was Karen, not Beatrix.

So I guess your best bet is DataView https://www.pidog.com/wp/dataview/

1 Like

Right now I have no plans to update it… but is still works fine and shoud as long as API 1 is supported so it is still available.

But with any code based on Xojo listbox, there is no way to have a FREELY variable row height AFAIK.

It has to be a multiple of the one the listbox is using… and that works well for many things as the row height is typically based on the text line height.

-Karen

Thanks a lot. DataView seems to be exactly for my needs.

Test it thoroughly first though. It works fine on the Mac (the documentation though is atrocious) but on Windows it is more … temperamental from what I read …

1 Like

Yes on windows its sluggish

1 Like

It is a pity, I would need it for Windows mainly. (On the Mac I have already applications written in Objective-C.)