Windows User Notifications

Coming soon in MBS Plugins for Xojo and Real Studio:

Will be part of next prerelease in a few days.
My coding challenge for the spare time on the weekend. The most difficult thing is to get this build in a plugin that can load on Windows XP, even those notifications are only available in Windows 8.1 and newer.

1 Like

You went through a lot of trouble for an OS that not even Microsoft wants to support anymore :wink:

Congrats on the success!

Interesting endeavour, Christian. I have had notifications for my Windows program for a couple years, based on a borderless window, with a couple timers : one to slide in the window from the right, the second to set the time it remains displayed. I even make the little noise.

Of course, the notification does not show in the notification center, but until now, I did not need that, given the nature of the messages.

What is important to me is that I can call one notifications method, and according to the platform, it display in accordance to the style of the OS, Mac or Windows.

Your plugin will replace the window.

Well the plugin needs to load on all Windows versions.

[quote=324204:@Tim Parnell]You went through a lot of trouble for an OS that not even Microsoft wants to support anymore :wink:

Congrats on the success![/quote]
And Xojo doesn’t even support!

But they support Windows 7 and I must make sure the plugin loads there, too.

Sounds great…I’m interested (but only if it works on Windows 7).

Cheers
Grant

Feel free to try it.

Sorry to revive a 2-month-old thread, but I was curious if this ever made it into MBS and what the class names are.

Yes, we got a plugin for this:
http://monkeybreadsoftware.net/pluginpart-winusernotification.shtml

See the WinUserNotificationCenterMBS and WinUserNotificationMBS classes.

Is it possible to click the notify and lead into a window on your app?

Did you notice the events in my WinUserNotificationCenterMBS class for this?