Windows - Most logical drives

I am interested to find out the greatest number of logical drives anyone has seen on a home PC - C:, D:, E: etc?

Thanks

Z

Many machines have Z - typically a shared drive. Have you really seen a machine with 24 logical drives - or 26 if it has a floppy?

I’ve seen machines with more (in my previous life, but that was corporate and not home) as logical drives don’t need to be mounted to a drive letter, they can be mounted to a folder on an existing drive so technically there is no limit to logical drives :slight_smile:

Have I ever seem that many mappings on a home PC? No but 8+ maps is quite common this day and age with cheap external drives.

Is there some reason behind the question? Like UI design or something?

[quote=364469:@JulianS]I’ve seen machines with more (in my previous life, but that was corporate and not home) as logical drives don’t need to be mounted to a drive letter, they can be mounted to a folder on an existing drive so technically there is no limit to logical drives :slight_smile:

Have I ever seem that many mappings on a home PC? No but 8+ maps is quite common this day and age with cheap external drives.

Is there some reason behind the question? Like UI design or something?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I am just wondering if I have been foolish in a program in which I have forgotten why I allowed for only 24 when enumerating using the calls in the Windows Functionality Suite. I can’t remember why I did that, but then I am getting old and often can’t remember what I did this morning. :wink:

I understand 8+ drive letters - my main PC uses 6 ( 5 HDD, 1 DVD ) and then I often have a memory stick and a USB drive or two.

Ahh ok, 26 would be ideal rather than 24 as you can quite easily assign to A and B using Windows these days, it wasn’t so easy back in the old days but you tended to have more users actually with a floppy on A/B anyway.

I’m getting the same way, comments for the win :slight_smile:

Now where did I leave my keyboard…