Windows IDE Slow Down

I’m having an issue in my windows 7 have not tested yet on 8 or 10. I have a project I’m working on with about 18 items, and about 5 to 15 open tabs after a bit (1 or two hours) of using it the IDE mainly typing gets VERY slow to the point where I can type 1 or two lines of code before its is displayed. I know I can type fast but not that FAST. I have not taken the time yet to create a process/mem log just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

It tends to do that to me when I have had projects open for a very long time. The memory Xojo uses grows and grows and grows and I suspect that has something to do with it? I have 8 GB and it takes a while to reach this point, but eventually does.

OK I’ve got 8 gigs here to just wanted to make sure it was not something on my end thx

That’s what I have as well. There was a really bad issue with this about a year or two ago, but that got fixed during one of the betas.

How much physical RAM you have is quite irrelevant since a Windows 32 bit process (the IDE Is only 32 bit) can only use up to a MAX of about 3 GB on Windows

My resource meter says 2.81 GB is being used for the O/S and other things running. If I only had 4 GB, wouldn’t that limit somewhat Xojo somewhat (page swaps to virtual memory) if it gobbled up more than a GB (which it often does in long sessions)?

Things would swap - and that would explain some slowness
But having more RAM doesn’t equate to having more RAM available per process

Correct, I was looking for possible explanations of what could be causing the slow typing in the IDE. I have not seen it in a while, but then again, I typically don’t have super long sessions.

Just had to exit the IDE again the slow down seems to come after multiple cut and pastes when refactoring code. Memory usage is not that high only 256megs by xojo and about 2gig’s of RAM are free