Windows dll missing

Moving from Xojo 2015/2.4 to 2016/3, I encountered the problem that my Windows application won’t launch due to “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll” missing.
Checking some forum treads, I updated Windows 7 again, but the problem still persists.
Temporarily, I compile my Windows programs still with Xojo 2015 2.4 - this works.
So what’s the problem? Xoxo 2016/3 or Windows 7?

Yesterday: https://forum.xojo.com/conversation/post/286919

You should read WindowsUniversalRuntime.pdf, in the Documentation folder next to the Xojo executable.

Hi I read both of that. As I said, my Windows 7 is up to date.
But do I get this right (I am not a Windows guy): I have to manually install some dll files so that Xojo can compile correctly?
Or what am I not doing yet correctly, next to keeping Windows 7 updated and using Xojo 2016/3?

[quote=287047:@Peter Kronenberg]Hi I read both of that. As I said, my Windows 7 is up to date.
But do I get this right (I am not a Windows guy): I have to manually install some dll files so that Xojo can compile correctly?
Or what am I not doing yet correctly, next to keeping Windows 7 updated and using Xojo 2016/3?[/quote]

Xojo compiles correctly. You said your App won’t launch.

The Issue is not Xojo. Search for “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll” in the Net and you will see. :wink:
BTW: This seems to be a Win7 only “issue”.

The URL in my first reply also leads to a Page in the Dev. Docs which gives a bit more info.

All right! There is a bad link, but the other one lead me to download that vc_redist exe program, which I executed in Windows 7, and now my Applications works!
Thanks Sascha!

When you distribute your application, make sure either that your installer installs the VCRedistribuable as well, or place the DLLs next to the executable.

Found the problem. It was that my application the packed the application and its libs into a Setup.exe did it wrong, and the Libs weren’t next to the .exe file anymore…