Windows builds using Xojo 2016r4.1 & 2016r3 differences on Win server 2008r2

Ditto
When you’re 20 and someone says “Hey we’ll just alter the production code base. It’s safe” you maybe don’t think twice about it.
Once you’ve been bitten the next time someone says that you really think twice.

And then you realize that those old guys who said “yeah thats a bad idea” weren’t just old risk averse trail blazers like you.
They actually had a clue how to keep their toes (and sanity) :slight_smile:

FWIW, I was able to reproduce the BEX problem on a freshly installed version of Windows Server 2008r2, but just running all of the system updates seems to have fixed it for me.

[quote]@Greg O’Lone : http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/windows-7-l/bex-error-in-windows-7-4682211
[/quote]

To follow-up on this, I asked the sys admin to try this method but he gets an error when trying:

Regarding this problem, it’s indeed solved when using “Windows 7” or “Windows 7 Basic” themes.

[quote]We did just have a bug reported against 2016r4.1 and using the classic theme.
Its been fixed for a future version as far as I know.
[/quote]
to be checked in a further release then.

Oliver, did you ever find a fix or workaround for this? I’m now getting BEX exceptions against ntdll.dll when exiting my Xojo app on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit OS.

[quote=319304:@Olivier Colard]Regarding this problem, it’s indeed solved when using “Windows 7” or “Windows 7 Basic” themes.
[/quote]
Just using a different theme fixed it (and I have no idea why but it does)

Yes, that apparently fixed his listbox issue, but he was also having a BEX issue in this same thead and I wondered if he solved that too.

[quote]However, I tried 64-bits and the app is working but I have the same problems:

• BEX problem when the app Quits
  • no +/- signs on listboxes

What bothers me more is the BEX issue…[/quote]

Hi Joe,

@Joe Huber [quote]Oliver, did you ever find a fix or workaround for this? I’m now getting BEX exceptions against ntdll.dll when exiting my Xojo app on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit OS.[/quote]
No, I didn’t find a workaround.
As I mentioned before running 64bit version solves the problem but 32bits still gives an error.
I’ve been trying various settings with InnoSetup but no changes. The app is still crashing on exit.

The very same app build with 2016r3 has no listbox problems and no BEX crash on exit.

Interesting… this BEX issue seems to have many facets… Thanks for the update.