WIndows 8 Tiles

HI,
Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow include images in a compiled Xojo app, which are used when a user adds a shortcut to my app to their WIndows 8 Metro start screen?

In other words, somehow include WIndows 8 tiles in the compiled app.

Thank you all in advance.

There shouldn’t be an issue, it just takes the icons already in the app and centers them on a tile.

It does, but they look terrible.
Was wondering if it was possible to create a professional looking tile / icon somehow and embed it in my compiled Xojo app.

Thanks.

These are the sizes you are supposed to include, but I don’t think you can do it with Xojo,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh846296.aspx

Glancing at the docs, it appears you’d need to edit your built EXE’s manifest. The manifest is an XML file embedded in the EXE. Xojo doesn’t have a way to edit these, but there are third party tools that can. Any old PE editor should be able to, I recommend PE Explorer ($) or Resource Hacker (free.)

Editing a manifest is a bit beyond me ???
I have resource hacker for windows but have no idea what I need to add / edit ??? :slight_smile:

I’ve never added tile info, but the manifest is listed under the 24 node in Resource Hacker.

It must be possible somehow, as Xojo has a large green tile when I add it to the Metro start screen.

Just testing current installer in Windows 8.1
It adds a ‘desktop icon’ to older windows, but the app only shows up in ‘apps’ after installation.

Thats OK, but it woudl be nice to add a tile option.
Anyone know how thats done using Inno?