Windows 8.1 and Fullscreen mode

I am able to set the full screen mode to true (the wndow is fully expanded), but when I fire the Menuitem to set the Full Screen Mode Off, it does not works at all, but the Menuhandler is fired.

The used code is:

Self.FullScreen = False Return True

The MenuHandler is in the window that is already in the full screen mode.

In app.open: Self.FullScreen = True

[quote=132917:@Emile Schwarz]I am able to set the full screen mode to true (the wndow is fully expanded), but when I fire the Menuitem to set the Full Screen Mode Off, it does not works at all, but the Menuhandler is fired.

The used code is:

Self.FullScreen = False Return True

The MenuHandler is in the window that is already in the full screen mode.

In app.open: Self.FullScreen = True[/quote]

http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Window.FullScreen just says setting it to True fills the screen. It does not say setting FullScreen to false does anything ; just that it will allow resizing the window again.

After setting FullScreen to false, set top, left, width and height to the value you need. You may save the values existing before setting FullScreen to true to be able to restore them afterward.

Thank you Michel.

I already read the linked page and saw what you wrote, but I do not understan the underlying meaning. I will go to eat something before I will no more be able to drive my car !

Then, I will follow your advice.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I place code in the App.Open event to open the window in its last state (at quit time), so I already have most of the needed code to set a default value when the time to Set Full Screen Mode to Off is set.

This allows me to see that I forged to place code in some toolbar buttons… Half baked project (someone certainly comes to see me or the phone was ringing or the wind was doing its job or… YES, I REALLY FORGET TO PLACE CODE IN THESE TOOLBAR BUTTONS (excepted in the quit button !).