Windows 10 file save location

My software creates user document files… File New - Open - Save - Save As… the regular stuff.

Since we get a lot of support calls with “Can’t find my files” we
try to default to a folder under our company and app name under Documents on Windows.

Lately we get Windows 10 users saying new files are going all over the place and they can’t find them.
It looks like Windows 10 defaults our file new dialog to the “last location that ANY file of ANY app
was opened or created”. The user’s are not bright enough to notice the location at the top of the
file dialog and move it to somewhere they can remember.

We set the “default” before opening the file dialog, but I think Windows 10 just ignores it.
Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from doing that?

Is this happening to anyone else on Windows 10 or am I mistaken in what I think is going on?

I am setting the InitialDirectory similar to the code below:

dlg.InitialDirectory= SpecialFolder.Documents.Child("MyAppName).Child(“Client Files”)
’ get the file name from the user
f=dlg.ShowModal()

It‘s a Windows feature introduced with Windows 7.
See this Forum Thread (and others with a search)

[quote=372781:@Tim Turner]I am setting the InitialDirectory similar to the code below:

dlg.InitialDirectory= SpecialFolder.Documents.Child("MyAppName).Child(“Client Files”)
’ get the file name from the user
f=dlg.ShowModal()[/quote]
And this does not works as intended ?
(Remember, it is just a default location: your user are able to choose a different one)

Sorry, I only have a Windows XP handly.