Window within window?

I remember reading somewhere that the Xojo IDE was also written in Xojo (am I remembering this correctly? can someone confirm this?)

I was just wondering if anyone knows how the Xojo IDE window editor has windows within the IDE window since I can’t find a way to display a window within a window.

I suspect every control (including the windows) in the window editor is fake, just a canvas made to look like the real thing - if that is true, does anyone know how I can replicate this? (ie: Get the look of the control depending on the OS and drawing it on a canvas)

I’m trying to write a little window editor of my own :slight_smile:

Yup

[quote=282089:@Atesh Yurdakul]I was just wondering if anyone knows how the Xojo IDE window editor has windows within the IDE window since I can’t find a way to display a window within a window.
[/quote]
We don’t actually. We ask the os to draw it for desktop projects and we do it ourselves as in the case of the web editors because they are mostly non-native controls there.

Walking on thin ice with that, btw. Before you release anything, you should check with Xojo to double check that it’s okay to publish.

great

Not really walking on thin ice
Everyone should read the EULA from time to time as it does change
The relevant sections of the EULA are

• You won’t build apps from the projects of others so that they can avoid purchasing a Xojo License Key(s).
• You won’t create a derivative of the Xojo IDE, frameworks or compiler.
• If you are creating a development tool, you will include the “Made with Xojo” logo.

By thin ice I mean it could tip either way, allowed or disallowed, by where OP goes with the functionality.
As I said, one should get an official answer from Xojo on their product when doing something like this before publishing.

Thank you all :slight_smile: And as for EULA, it’s just for me and a friend of mine to use, it’s an internal project. (Although can’t say I am not disappointed with the logo requirement :P)