Why is the missing events bug still in iOS ?

I notice that systematically when I add a new control in iOS, I have to save the project for events to be available through Right Click/Add.

That bug has disappeared for a while from Desktop and Web. Why is it still here for iOS in 2016R3 ?

Because no one has reported it so we know to look into it ?

It was reported back in 2014 beta <https://xojo.com/issue/36100> but for some reason the poster failed to follow up and it was closed.

Now it appears after some more tests that to make things worse, it is kind of random. As I tried to create a screen movie, it did not happen. I will try to catch it when I bump into it again.

This bug has existed for a long time. I remember hunting for it myself. Best solution I have for you is to click into 3 other distinct views, then back to the one in question. Each item has its own layout editor, but the IDE only keeps 3 at a time in memory. So by clicking to 3 other views, you are wiping the affected view from the cache. Once you click back, the control will work as intended.

If you’re seeing this and having trouble reproducing it a tool like Rewind can be really useful.
It allows you to work as normal but when you see a bug you now have a video of it occurring that you can send in.

[quote=293590:@Norman Palardy]If you’re seeing this and having trouble reproducing it a tool like Rewind can be really useful.
It allows you to work as normal but when you see a bug you now have a video of it occurring that you can send in.[/quote]

But isn’t it for Windows only?

The Mac version of Rewind

Ah! Nice! Thank you@Tim Parnell :slight_smile:

It happens in 2015r2.4 version for me. When I was working on the webservice + ios app at the same time.
Add a control(timer usually) and you can’t add event to it.

try a newer version
There’s been quite a few since then & this bug has, to the best of my knowledge, been fixed
I cant reproduce any failures in any projects types (hence why I advocated filing a report with a video if a person can in a recent version)

As I said on another thread not reporting a bug you run into makes it almost certain it wont get fixed

[quote=293645:@Norman Palardy]try a newer version
There’s been quite a few since then & this bug has, to the best of my knowledge, been fixed
I cant reproduce any failures in any projects types (hence why I advocated filing a report with a video if a person can in a recent version)

As I said on another thread not reporting a bug you run into makes it almost certain it wont get fixed[/quote]
I’ll keep an eye out. I swear I’ve seen it in 16r3, but I could be mistaken. I didn’t know work had been done on it, so if I encounter it again, I’ll speak up.

I was finally able to record the bug.

45574 - iOS : Events cannot be added unless the project is saved first

Michel Bujardet Today at 8:50 PM

Xojo: Xojo 2016r3

Steps: There was a report about the very same issue during beta (36100 Can’t Add Event Handlers to New Control Until Project is Saved).

I have not worked on iOS for a year and a half, so I find that the situation has not changed. It is still necessary to save the project first to have access to events.

Unfortunately, the problem is kind of random, and I had to wait until it manifests to see it. Worse, as saving makes it go away, I cannot attach a sample project.

Here is a screen movie showing the issue.
File attached: MissingEvents.mov.zip

<https://xojo.com/issue/45574>