Why i Hear Speak command like breathy voice?

Hi all!

I have a running process and when it finishes i invoke “Speak” command and it would say “Tasks Finished”.
So, it plays, but instead of hearing the voice naturally, it sounds Breathy voice.

Why it happens this?

Thanks

[quote=288958:@Gerardo García]Hi all!

I have a running process and when it finishes i invoke “Speak” command and it would say “Tasks Finished”.
So, it plays, but instead of hearing the voice naturally, it sounds Breathy voice.

Why it happens this?

Thanks[/quote]
Yupiii, I Think I solved, Im using an Array to store data for make Webscrapping
when task is completed, the Array is already full, so the memory is full and Speak command sounds crappy

So, I Redim the array to empty it and free memory, the invoke the speak command and voila!
Voice sounds flawlessly !

Gerardo, Cool thanks for posting this as I never did realize Xojo had the speak function :slight_smile: Pretty cool for a built in default voice!
(http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Speak)

I also have been playing with MBS Cocoa Plugin Speech functions and wow you have full control of voices, pitch, tone, etc. Pretty awesome! (Monkeybread Xojo plugin - Speech)

[quote=289050:@Mike Cotrone]Gerardo, Cool thanks for posting this as I never did realize Xojo had the speak function :slight_smile: Pretty cool for a built in default voice!
(http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Speak)

I also have been playing with MBS Cocoa Plugin Speech functions and wow you have full control of voices, pitch, tone, etc. Pretty awesome! (Monkeybread Xojo plugin - Speech)[/quote]
Yes!!, In fact in Windows 8, Windows 10 and Mac the default voice sounds pretty cool

in Windows 7 the default voice is horrible, at least in Spanish is very crappy.

Also I’ve heard about the MBS Cocoa Plugin Speech, and its very cool, cuz you can full control of voices, pitch, tone, etc.
And also appears to be Cross-Platform

Windows 10: does anybody know how to get the list of voices and use a user-chosen voice with the Speak function (without using plugins)?
Thank you.