Who tests Feedback?

I’m not sure your point. They aren’t putting any effort into desktop Feedback because they are focused on web Feedback.

I think the point was that something for use by customers should be in better shape than that when released regardless.

• Karen
3 Likes

If you stop development that is one thing. If you release something that is quite another.

I would have expected Xojo to release software that showcases Xojo, shows what it can do. But if what you release is substandard then that is just an embarrassment, and doubly so for a toolmaker.

You are all undoubtably MUCH better programmers than I am, so releasing something like this either means Xojo itself isn’t up to the task, or the standards applied in the Company are poor.

Either way it simply reflects VERY badly on Xojo if what you release is substandard.

8 Likes

So, currently, there’s the desktop version which is half-backed (and unusable for several tasks) and the web version which is still not yet released.
This doesn’t lead to many good solutions for the time being…

3 Likes

:thinking: … I admire your optimism :pleading_face:

Well, at least the app works now. I just hope that the web version will be better than the app show case.

1 Like

It does?

I installed the update today, clicked on saving an example project, and BOOM - crashed.

Does it now download attachments without crashing for you?

MacOS Mojave, Xojo 2021 R1.1, Feedback 2021 R1.

1 Like

Yo may need to join tester group to see the next version in testing.

How do you join the tester group?

you could email hello@xojo.com and ask to be added and tell them your forum name.

1 Like

thank you, done :slight_smile:

We’ve pushed out Feedback 2021r1.1 with stability fixes. You should get update notices soon or you can download it from our website here.

Errr… public release?

Thanks Tim, we’re on it, will have a new build that is not restricted asap.

1 Like

Talking about cero QA and NOT TESTING it :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

It should be fixed now.

8 Likes

Thanks team, it’s working now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

the last version said new version and open a feedback.zip instead of the usual setup exe at windows.
btw this doawload was interrupted direct after start download and i had to resume try again in firefox 89.

Addition:

All my open cases are removed from the sidebar. Nice, cause I follow some of them for months or years and haven’t made a backup note to re-find them.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you have a backup (as you should :wink:), I’m confident you can find the old Feedback preferences file there. Then, surely, there’s a way to bring them back (parse the prefs file/ask Xojo to fix importing the old prefs with the new Feedback version and put back the old file/build or find a converter, etc).