Which program was Used to develop or write programs for Mac OS System 7?

Hi everybody!

Just a silly question, When Mac OS System 7 existed, Which program was used to develop/write programs for this platform?

And At this days exist that?

Thanks

I think programs for System 7 where chiseled into stone tablets…

LOL, You make me laugh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Macintosh Programmer’s Workshop (MPW) from Apple was one of them. I used that stuff more than I wish

Wow, MPW was the Grandpa of Xcode!

also think C and think Pascal I remember.

Metrowerks CodeWarrior was pretty popular towards the end of the original Mac OS’s life.

It was de predecessor but not the Grandpa. Xcode came from NeXTSTEP with Steve Jobs returning to Apple.

To be precise, grandpa’s name was Project Builder. MPW was Xcode’s second cousin’s grandpa :smiley:

back in those days 2000/2001 I still know Rhapsody aka Mac OS X Server…a nice twitter between MacOS UI and BSD/NextStep TCP/IP Stack… http://toastytech.com/guis/osxsv.html

This video is worth watching…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhfB-NICzg

I used CodeWarrior at that time.

Code Warrior and Think Pascal here.

Think Pascal, Prograph, and FutureBASIC.

Code Warrior, Think Pascal and Porgraph

Think Pascal, Prograph, Serius Developer (later Novell AppWare)

MacApp ?

BTW: QuickBasic by none other than Microsoft !

Wow, I can’t believe others used Prograph!

Scott Steinman (a member here) wrote the commercial book and (I believe) the manuals as well.

Those were the days - doing visual programming on a Mac toadstool with a screen the size of a postage stamp!

I used AppWare back in the day. Sold my first program at age 19 for US$1,000. Good times.

I still think there is something fundamental about the concept of connecting verbs and nouns with lines that represent program flow. I’d like someday to take the time to explore and expand the concept.

a program you’d probably be forced to sell today for a mere 99 cents … sigh… hard to be profitable anymore