Which Apple Platform for iOS Development?

I was joking, in response to Gavin’s joke :slight_smile:

I’m just not feeling up to snuff today and today jokes go right past me

Please keep in mind that we do not allow discussion of anything that would violate Apple’s licensing agreements.

Fair enough. It was just a hint tbf.

You should be made aware that these licensing terms cannot apply in the European Union. Banning a user of software from executing it on the machine of his choice is illegal here.

It has nothing to do with legality. Just a general rule we have on our forum that we host.

Your forum, your rules. Never mind.

Can’t imagine what I missed. Also can’t imagine discussion that would, in itself, contravene Apple’s rules. So these are Xojo’s forum rules that are censoring.

You did not miss much. I was referring to a practice banned by Apple terms of service.

As I said, never mind. The world continues to spin. To stay on topic, the ungodly practice that only lost souls engage in would not fly for iOS development anyway.

[quote=149983:@jean-yves pochez]I read of people here on the forum that had problems of blurried xojo ide on a retina display :
xojo is clearly not ready for retina still.[/quote]
I run Xojo on my rMBP every day. But, I don’t use Retina resolutions, but rather lock it to 1920x1200. No problems. At home, I then have a dual monitor config with my HP 24" Dream Color.

Edit a little Xojo, edit a little video, edit a little more xojo, play Starcraft II!

Getting back to the original question, I would go for the 27" non-retina iMac. A beautiful beast and you can still run 10.9 on it (Mavericks).