Which app for Apple Help XHTML?

Hi

I’m in the process of trying to build Apple Help for my app, referencing the good advice in App Wrapper and Apple’s Dev site.

Basically I’m using FreeWay Express for basic navigation pages, Clarify for screenshots/lessons and TextMate/TextWrangler for HTML modifications.

I find that FreeWay and Clarify generate a lot of errors that are detected in App Wrapper that then require a lot of re-work in TextMate or TextWrangler, this is error prone and time-consuming.

What other apps do you all use to generate clean (or cleaner) XHTML code for Apple Help? I’m not an HTML wiz so am looking for more WSYIWIG type applications.

Jim

I’ve used Freeway Express before, too, but now I’m using the Pro version of Freeway and it works perfect.

I’ve noticed I’ve to use the same title lines in all language versions of the help files, otherwise AppWrapper won’t add the help files.

I use freeway Pro with some Actions and I ignore the Appwrapper warnings. Apple Help Center is displaying everything as expected, despite of those warnings …

If it displays as it should, then you can ignore those warnings. Most of them are simply to make the XHTML as close as possible to the spec. If you do get display errors, then certainly pay attention.

I added these warnings as I write my XHTML by hand, and I would get display errors… So AW has helped improve my XHTML :)[quote=76864:@Detlef Kahner]I’ve noticed I’ve to use the same title lines in all language versions of the help files, otherwise AppWrapper won’t add the help files.[/quote]
I believe that this is the correct way, but I can double check it if you’d like me too.

It’s fine with me, you don’t need to double check if I’m the only one who noticed this issue.