Where is the cache for Xojo 2015?

I have replaced plugins in Xojo 2015 but get an error message when compiling.
Where is the cache kept as this pre-dates the ‘clear cache’ button…?

I know the Mac path, which helps you not. But what is the error message? By coincidence I just went through a situation where the fault was in an updated plugin itself.

Are you compiling On windows or For windows? If on windows, click the Start menu, type %tmp% , hit Enter, which will open the file explorer to the current AppData / Local / Temp folder - browse around and you may find the Cache?

Compiling on WIndows for windows.
I have empied all the folders I found in %TMP% (thank you!)

However, using the same code and the same plugins as I do on my Mac, I am getting an error from

pdf.PageGraphics

This works on the Mac, errors on compile/debug in Windows
My mac is using Xojo 2018, Windows is using Xojo 2015

*I have a sinking feeling that PageGraphics relies on DirectX, which is the thing that blocked me from moving forward from Xojo 2015 on Windows… *
(slower, and transparency not working properly being the things i recall issues with)

extra:
As a test, I made a Windows build from Xojo 2018 on my Mac this morning…
it compiles fine with this command, but it runs incredibly slowly and many aspects of screen update and transparency don’t work, as I expected/ recalled from my last attempts to move past 2015 in Windows
So I either need to learn how to ‘fix’ DirectX stuff , or find a way to get PageGraphics or similar working in 2015

See blog post: Clear Xojo Cache

Thanks @Christian_Schmitz
I am reasonably sure that I have cleared the cache sucessfully.

Would you expect pdf.PageGraphics to work in Xojo 2015 Windows?

Sure, why not.
You installed current 21.5 or 22.0pr6 plugins?

You installed current 21.5 or 22.0pr6 plugins?

I’ll check… I know they are the same ones as I use on the Mac, and it works there…

I find I had 2018 plugins on both.
Mac worked, Windows didn’t.
With the v21 plugins, Windows now avoids that error (there is a new issue due to changes in GMImage now, but I can work around that.)

@Christian_Schmitz … the thing I have had to work around is small but odd,

where gorig is a picture that has alpha channel, and I want it to display white, I use this code

But I have had to make it do things differently on Windows and Mac, using the most up to date plugins.
On Mac, Composite requires a GMGeometryMBS as the second parameter,
and on Windows it requires an integer for ‘gravity’, (which I can find no useful information about anywhere)

dim geo as new GMGeometryMBS(gorig.width,gorig.height)
        dim c as new GMColorRGBMBS(1.0,1.0,1.0) // white
        dim g as new GMImageMBS(geo, c)   ///should have a white image now

#if targetwin32 then
          g.composite  gorig,0, 1 
        #else
          g.composite  gorig,geo, 1 
        #endif

composite is overloaded in three variants:

compositeAt(compositeImage as GMImageMBS, offset as GMGeometryMBS, CompositeOperator as Integer = 2)
composite(compositeImage as GMImageMBS, gravity as Integer, CompositeOperator as Integer = 2)
compositeXY(compositeImage as GMImageMBS, xOffset as Integer, yOffset as Integer, CompositeOperator as Integer = 2)

Pick wisely, but sometimes the compiler gets confused.

1 Like