Where is APPLICATION properties????

Where is the basic Applications Properties page?

You know the page where you put Application Bundle ID (etc)…

Right out of the box I can’t compile a RS2012r2.1 project because Xojo requires this ID… I’d be more than happy to add it… if the property panel could be found

Look under Build Settings, and select OS X. There is a Bundle Identifier field over on the right side of the IDE, in the Inspector palette.

Great… and where might BUILD SETTINGS be?
Checked all the menus, … nothing there … BUILD APPLICATION yes, SETTINGS no
Not in Preferences either

Bottom of the Navigator.

The Build Settings are in the Navigator. Click on “Shared” to see the common settings. Click on each OS to see OS-specific settings, such as the Bundle Identifier for OS X.

But how could the Bundle Identifier value be accessed by Xojo code?

Color me stupid… but I don’t see “SHARED” either

Never mind … I found them… sorry… but that is a DUMB place to put that …

And remember… YOU have lived this release for a while… please be a bit more verbose than “the Navigator”… like
“The Navigator, the panel to the left side of your screen … at the very bottom”

[quote=10134:@Dave S]Color me stupid… but I don’t see “SHARED” either

Never mind … I found them… sorry… but that is a DUMB place to put that …

And remember… YOU have lived this release for a while… please be a bit more verbose than “the Navigator”… like
“The Navigator, the panel to the left side of your screen … at the very bottom”[/quote]
Good point.

If you get a moment, be sure to check out the Upgrade Guide (Help->Upgrade Guide) as it gives a quick overview of the IDE and some other useful information.

Upgrade Guide will neither be downloaded nor shown via help.

well, reading the upgrade guide via the xojo web site also does not provide a way to read out an application identification by xojo code.

No
Its really required by the OS

Indeed an application identification could be used preferredly to sub-identify any kind of ini file for to store and retrieve local user settings. Thus it would be very welcomed to make it a readable property.

It won’t change so just create a constant in a module somewhere. Yes, you have to type it twice, but I’d rather the engineers work on other things.

Thank you for giving this clear answer. :wink: