Where do call to "RuntimeMovieDestructor" come from

Note - this relates to older RS / Xojo because the all in question must support 10.5.

I’ve been getting some stack dumps from users that contain the line “RuntimeMovieDestructor” when a user drags from one listbox to another. The oddity is that it doesn’t happen with every drag and drop. At no place in my code do I call out to any type of AV API, so I can only determine that this is something in the older framework.

If I debug in 12r2.1 in a 10.5.8 system, I get the following in the stacktrace when it does occur:

[code] >> RaiseExceptionClass

RaiseOutOfBoundsException
RuntimeMovieDestructor
listGetCell
Listbox.Cell%s%oi4i4
WMain.WMain.lbRestoreSelected_DropObject%%o<WMain.WMain>ooi4
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%ooi4
AddHandler.Stub.6%%oi4
EmbedWithinInternal
RuntimeDebugMemoryUsed
RuntimeMovieDestructor
DecodeBackslashEscapeString
CarbonReceiveMapper
DoLegacyDropMessage
DoDropMessage
SendDropMessage
DragInApplication
CoreDragStartDragging
TrackDrag
ToolControlControlSetter
DragItem.Drag%%o
WMain.WMain.lbRestorePaths_DragRow%b%o<WMain.WMain>ooi4
Delegate.IM_Invoke%b%ooi4
AddHandler.Stub.20%b%oi4
[/code]
What should I be looking for as a possible workaround … or am I just hung out on this one?

[quote=83427:@Tim Jones]Note - this relates to older RS / Xojo because the all in question must support 10.5.

I’ve been getting some stack dumps from users that contain the line “RuntimeMovieDestructor” when a user drags from one listbox to another. The oddity is that it doesn’t happen with every drag and drop. At no place in my code do I call out to any type of AV API, so I can only determine that this is something in the older framework.

If I debug in 12r2.1 in a 10.5.8 system, I get the following in the stacktrace when it does occur:

[code] >> RaiseExceptionClass

RaiseOutOfBoundsException
RuntimeMovieDestructor
listGetCell
[/code]
What should I be looking for as a possible workaround … or am I just hung out on this one?[/quote]

The framework doesn’t export all of its symbols, so RuntimeMovieDestructor is the closest exported function to what actually got called. What you’re interested in is just the Listbox.Cell%s%o<Listbox>i4i4 frame and the fact that it’s an OutOfBoundsException, which indicates that you’re accessing a row or column that’s invalid

Thanks, Joe. It must be a malformed MySQL response that’s adding a value that points to an unpopulated row in the “from” listbox. I’ve also just tracked it down to one specific set of the user’s catalog datatables. Need to add a trap for that.

Class - this is what happens when you don’t take into account that even code that can’t error, can error :).

BTW - has Apple’s autocorrect gotten even more aggressive lately?