What version of Xojo do people including the Xojo Inc use?

I was just wondering if people actually use the new Xojo 2013 r2 and if people stick to an older less buggy version. I am also wondering if the people from the Xojo Inc specifically actually use the latest version of Xojo. I find it almost too buggy to work with. Also, what is the best version of Real Studio/Xojo in your opinion and is there a way to go back to the good old Real Studio?

Thanks

I’ve been using Xojo 2013 R2 exclusively for www.Xojo3D.com, as well as multiple desktop projects. The IDE has come a long way since the first beta of Xojo 2013 R1.

so am i … using the Xojo 2013r2

We always use the last public release of Xojo to build the next release of Xojo (so 2013r2 is used to build 2013r3). I may occasionally fire up Real Studio to help a customer with something, but we don’t use it here for any projects, internal or external.

I am using 2013r2. The remaining IDE bugs, while annoying, do not really get in my way, and my app works in Cocoa. It simply didn’t in Real Studio.

We use Real Studio 2012r2 for some projects and Xojo 2013r3 for others :slight_smile:

I use whatever is available at the time, unless it’s a minor emergency bug fix and then I’ll try to use the version closest at the time I finished up the project.

We are using Real Studio 2012r2.1 for development of all but one project but all of the projects get compiled with Xojo 2013r2. After the Xojo IDE becomes more stable (aka less flaky) then we’ll move all development to Xojo. Hopefully that will be Xojo 2013r3.

What are you trying to tell us? R3 on an alpha release for testing compatibility with your products or something else?

Working on the IDE in the IDE I’m actually using 2013r3 to work on 2013r3.
But, as Paul stated, we do build new releases with the last release build.

I use Real Studio 2012r2 for some projects and Xojo 2013r2 for others.

Xojo 2013r2. Been using Xojo every since release as I need the Cocoa fixes for my app. Fix the tab locking bug and I’ll be perfectly happy with Xojo over RS.

Agreed, and with proper tab-locking, using it is very similar to RS anyway.

I’d also prefer a find default to the local method instead of the project, and for the bottom information panel to close when I run the debug version. I guess I’ll file a feature request for those.

Latest release, 2011R3 for one project only

If you’re building for Cocoa, then 2013r2 is really the only option. I do not find this version buggy. I keep thinking I’ll get used to the new IDE. So far, that hasn’t happened.

I use 2013r2 because I’m a glutton for punishment. :slight_smile:

Only joking - I use it because I believe in using the latest of whatever is available unless I am on a deadline or depend on a particular feature/function that is no longer available in later versions. I do keep RB2012r around for backwards reference when needed.

For the latest release of my application I use 2011r4. For the next release I’m using the latest Xojo release. I don’t like to switch Xojo/RB releases during working on a new version of my app because the risk of new bugs is much too high.

My guess would be 2013r2.5.xxx. I’m very confident that Xojo test their own product by using it. And way before the alpha/beta testers get their hands on it.

We’re actually using 2013r3 - see my earlier post

While I am using 2013R2 for my mac projects, I have been forced to switch back to 2012R1.2 for Windows compiles. Most of my Windows apps compile but do not run on well Windows even though they run without problems as cocoa or carbon apps on the Mac. Still trying to track down the origin of the problem. The windows compiles crash with a terse windows generated statement that Windows will search for a solution. Of course there is none.

Question: Have any others run into problems using Parallels or VMWare Fusion to run their Xojo apps?