what version of os x will be needed for iOS compilation with xojo ?

Yes

[quote=138687:@jean-yves pochez]xojo then runs the iOS simulator that is provided with xcode, latest version or so.
[/quote]
Yes

[quote=138687:@jean-yves pochez]I dont understand the licencing system with xojo for iOS
will you be able to compile for the iOS simulator without a xojo iOS licence, and xojo running in debug mode ?[/quote]
You can run in debug mode all you want
When you want to build an executable to deploy then you need a license

[quote=138756:@Norman Palardy]
You can run in debug mode all you want
When you want to build an executable to deploy then you need a license[/quote]

Which brings me back to the question: Why can’t free users use the version control formats?

Incentive.

10 people work together
9 use the free version + version control
1 has a license so he can build

See the problem for us ?

[quote=138772:@Norman Palardy]10 people work together
9 use the free version + version control
1 has a license so he can build

See the problem for us ?[/quote]

10 people work together.
9 people use Binary + free version.
1 person has a license.

Now remind me again what problem is that? Because I don’t see a problem.

[quote=138776:@Shane Gibbs]10 people work together.
1 person has a license.

Now remind me again what problem is that? Because I don’t see a problem.[/quote]
What a business genius!

IT’S THE TRUTH!

10 people could create apps. Those 10 people could send their binary projects to a single person that has a license. That single person could build all of their apps

Now, remind me what the problem is with letting free users use version control?

[quote=138779:@Shane Gibbs]IT’S THE TRUTH!

10 people could create apps. Those 10 people could send their binary projects to a single person that has a license. That single person could build all of their apps[/quote]

That would break the EULA.

[quote=138779:@Shane Gibbs]
Now, remind me what the problem is with letting free users use version control?[/quote]
People willing to break the EULA.

Yet it doesn’t require the version control formats, and invalidates Norman’s pathetic excuse.

This is the sole reason why Xojo isn’t open-source friendly.

[quote=138776:@Shane Gibbs]10 people work together.
1 person has a license.

Now remind me again what problem is that? Because I don’t see a problem.[/quote]

revenue shortfall = bankrupt = no more versions

[quote=138782:@Shane Gibbs]Yet it doesn’t require the version control formats, and invalidates Norman’s pathetic excuse.
[/quote]
Excuse ?
We’re a business
We sell a product
Most folks seem to understand that model

I was wondering when you were gonna bring up that lame-ass “oh, we would lose revenue” excuse.

What’s stopping someone from doing what you mentioned with the Binary format? Nothing!

Why is Xojo so unfriendly to the open source community?

[quote=138792:@Shane Gibbs]What’s stopping someone from doing what you mentioned with the Binary format? Nothing!

[/quote]

It makes it harder for a professional group to work together efficiently.

Right, any serious developer or group of developers is going to be using version control.

And any open source developer will use version control, yet they won’t pay $300 just to save in VCP.

They charge money to pay developers to develop the product. The basic IDE is free but consider it an extended trial. If you want to do serious development in it, you’ll likely want to save in VCP and you’ll likely want to build an executable. I don’t think it’s that hard to understand.

Shane,

It’s a simple answer. People are dishonest.

sorry but the software editor decides the licences prices and of each option
if you’re not ok with it, then you can go with something else you’re ok with
xcode is free, why not use it ?

[quote=138819:@jean-yves pochez]sorry but the software editor decides the licences prices and of each option
if you’re not ok with it, then you can go with something else you’re ok with
xcode is free, why not use it ?[/quote]

This guy does not want a solution, he is looking for a controversy. Whatever you say, he will use it to try and pick up a fight. He is completely clueless about business, since he is just a hobbyist who has a grudge against commercial software.

Don’t feed the trolls.

You know this how? Asking what seems to be “hard” questions that the sheep seemingly avoid asking isn’t “looking for a controversy”.

No, no I won’t. If it’s extremely stupid (like "cry oh, we’ll loose money! "), then yeah I’ll fight it. I’m not a fan of companies using lame-■■■ or stupid excuses.

Yep, me using paid software such as Xamarin and Basic4android surely explains that! Yep, looks like I’m just a stupid hobbyist who hates paid software.

So, looks like I’m now a basher, a hater, an attacker, a filth, a j3rk, and now a troll! Yeah for the non-moderated forum!