what is Listbox.HeaderTypes.Increment for ?

was just digging around in rs-xojo and found that : Listbox.HeaderTypes.Increment

I know the other types for header : Sortable and NotSortable
but what are Increment and Decrement for ? did not find a lot of explaination in the help…

thanks.

Sort order ? (a-z or z-a ?)

If so, this can help me to avoid getting the wrong sort type on some circumstances.

Note: Google search for

site:documentation.xojo.com Listbox.HeaderTypes.Increment

leads to nothing… I do not get Listbox.HeaderTypes.Increment.

I found Listbox.HeaderTypes in the ListBox page, but Increment is not there.

[quote=198375:@jean-yves pochez]was just digging around in rs-xojo and found that : Listbox.HeaderTypes.Increment

I know the other types for header : Sortable and NotSortable
but what are Increment and Decrement for ? did not find a lot of explaination in the help…[/quote]

Jean-Yves, you may have a plugin or something in your system that does that. I just tried in regular 2015R2.2 : it does not autocomplete, and if I add it manually, I get “this item does not exist” on both Mac and Windows.

It might be that these are extension methods on Integer. Then they might show up on enums too.

busted… I have this in one of my modules …

[code]Function Increment(extends anInteger as Integer) As Integer
Return anInteger+1

End Function
[/code]

I think you should file a bug report. They shouldn’t show up in auto-completing enums.

The docs say:

and:

done a bug case.

Strange. I tried to add the method Jean-Yves posted, it neither autocomplete nor compile with ListBox.HeaderTypes. There is something else.

Anyway, ListBox.HeaderTypes. is not an integer. Only when a value of the enum appears after the dot is it an integer. But yet, as indicated in the docs, the extends method does not work. listbox.HeaderTypes.Sortable.increment does not compile.

no it’s [quote]listbox.headertypes.increment[/quote] that appears …
I did not try to compile it …

[quote=198429:@jean-yves pochez]no it’s that appears …
I did not try to compile it …[/quote]

The only way I was able to have it appear was to create a new HeaderTypes enumeration with Increment as a member. It still does not compile.