What about having the full GTK widget set and Cairo drawings on all 3 platforms?

52860 is closed as Won’t be Implemented.

That’s fine - still a good discussion :slight_smile:

No, you can’t say that. People choose Android because they do like it better. Just because you don’t prefer Android doesn’t mean that someone else doesn’t. Verizon has their survey answers, but they also agree that people do choose to go Android.

It was hard to see it implemented.

As a newbie I can tell you that it is difficult to learn every difference for mac and windows (haven’t used linux), and more so because you get the idea that what you do for one platform will work the same on the other. There are buttons, windows types, toolbar options that work on mac that doesn’t work on windows.

Is easy for me, as I don’t know what is needed, to think that if Xojo is using GTK+ for Linux, then it will be “easy” to create a new product for a different market. People that want to use Xojo and have the same buttons, windows, toolbar available for all 3 platforms and basically just compile the app to that without changing anything on the graphic side. Just use Xojo as base and use GTK+ as graphics framework.

Yes it is not native. Yes it is not for many professional programmers. Yes the apple store may not approve the program. But maybe some people will find that interesting and easier to use. Of course is not something for this year and not even for next year, just something to consider (a new product), from a newbie.

Tim, I didn’t say that, Verizon did. And, I didn’t say that I didn’t like Android - I don’t really care for either because to me, a phone is a phone. If you have data points to prove otherwise, I’d love to see them. Verizon’s data was pretty specific and the only places that I can see any Android-positive anecdotal data about this is on Android developer sites and Android fan sites. Of course those data points are going to be pro-Android because of the type of site, but when you take into account iOS device sales numbers in the USA, the specific data indicates otherwise.

The layout is irrelevant, the important thing are just the controls, they look the same than native ones and you can arange them in whatever layout you like.

LOL, no one is saying that. GTK in Mac looks like Xojos controls IN MAC, GTK in windows looks like Xojos controls IN WINDOWS, GTK in Linux looks like Xojos controls IN LINUX,

Yeap, relly quick desicion. :frowning:

Fwiw I think it’s a good idea, Pedro.

As for Android vs iOS… I don’t like either as much as Sailfish.