Webtoolbar button ControlID

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the CONTROLID of a button from a webtoolbar.
I hope somebody can share the solution.

Thank you in advance.

Anybody from XOJO?

The individual buttons on a web toolbar don’t have their own control ids.

What are you trying to do?

Hi Greg! Thank you for your reply.

I just want to use Webtoolbar button to be the WEBUPLOAD trigger using javascript. According to javascript that I saw, I need to provide the CONTROLID to make it work.

I hope you can help me.

You’re either misunderstanding the javascript, or attempting to do something the framework is not designed to let you do (which Xojo staff will not assist with)

If you’re trying to make a toolbar button the “begin upload” button, you only need to use Xojo code to call your WebFileUploader’s Upload method: http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/WebFileUploader.Upload

Hi Tim,

I have downloaded this somewhere in MBS forum. Please take a look. It uses button to call the WEBUPLOAD event.

Now, I want to use the same method for Webtoolbar but I don’t know how to get the CONTROL ID of each button from toolbar.
Maybe you can help me?

Hi Greg and Tim,

Any suggestion re my inquiry?

What’s wrong with doing it in Xojo instead of JavaScript?

Hi Tim Hare,

Thanks for your reply.

I like Webfileupload but most of the time, I have to change UI of my application. As you noticed from the screenshot, I use ordinary button to trigger the webupload.

Now, I want to use WEBTOOLBAR to trigger the webupload . I need to know how to get the CONTROL-ID of each button of Webtoolbar (if there is).

I hope you can help me.

For clarity, what I read from the Javascript that was copy / pasted seems like it makes a different button act as the + button. This kind of action isn’t currently available in pure Xojo code. I’m not sure why the approach that was taken was chosen over other methods, nor do I know the internal framework well enough to make further suggestions.

Hi Tim Parnell,

For my purpose, I utilized this technique to create new UI/UX for user.