WebListbox Contextual Menu Woes

Is the WebListbox Contextual Menu still broken in Web 2.0 as this thread indicates in 2020 that it was: https://forum.xojo.com/t/weblistbox-contextual-menu-not-appearing/59756

The current documentation for 2022R1 includes Contextual Menu as available for WebListbox but I can’t get it to work. All I get is the standard OS contextual menu. The documentation in the same section states

If you assign a WebMenuItem to the control, it will be displayed when the user right-clicks the control.

On a WebPage, you can disable/remove the default contextual menu by an empty WebMenuItem class object to this property.

I’m not sure what is meant by an empty WebMenuItem class object to this property and nothing I have tried makes the contextual menu work with the WebListbox. I’m refactoring a Web 1.0 project which heavily use contextual menus. They work in a WebTextField but not working in a WebListbox breaks the functionality of the app.

After reading that thread, I think the WebListbox Contextual Menus are still not implemented.

1 Like

SIGH…So why the hell is it listed as in the control events and documentation?

Because the web documentation needs an update for Web 2.0.

Oh, you mean on the Events for WebListbox. It should be removed there until available.

It is in the documentation for 2022R1 which is supposed to be all new documentation.

This pretty much destroys my hope of ever getting a fully functional app working in Web 2.0. WebListbox has been one disappointment after another with events that are in the control but don’t actually work.

The content is (mostly) a copy of the current documents in a new format. It doesn’t mean that the information was reviewed and updated.

When I have time, I will try to report anything wrong I see on the docs for Web 2. I’m going to start working daily with Web 2 in the near future.

We should report that as a bug, no control should show events that don’t work.