WebLink question

Hi all,

I have an app where I want to display a weblink and when a person clicks/taps on the weblink I want to then display the data in a new WebHTMLViewer that will show up. Now, if I have just a regular button I have no problem making this work, but if I have a weblink so it has the appearance of a hyperlink, it will attempt to open the full web page. Is there a way to have weblink instead allow me to handle how I want the link rendered? I was thinking of using Mouse Up event, but I wasn’t sure if that would be sufficient, or if there was a more direct route but I didn’t notice any other events that would be more appropriate.

I could create a label with formatting so text looks like a hyperlink and handle a mouse up event with that if I can’t get weblink to do what I want, I was just wondering if there was a way to get it to act how I want :wink:

In the properties pane of the WebLink you should see a “Target” property. You can change this from Self, New Window, Current Window, or Parent Frame

Is this what you are looking for?

If you want to handle the WebLink click yourself (such as with MouseDown), you’ll want to set a dummy entry in the URL property, such as “#”.

This is noted on the WebLink.URL page.

Thanks Paul, that was exactly what I was looking for. Tested it out and it works beautifully.