Webinars

Did anyone think about the dates and times of those webinars?

Everyone of them is
a) during the week
b) 10AM Westcoast time

So I guess only if you don’t have a day job are you able to take advantage (or in Europe where it would be 6-7PM :slight_smile: )
Based on the subject matter… it seems they are aimed more at Xojo customers who do NOT use this as their “job”
otherwise they would probably be well beyond the subject matter indicated…

Yes.

[quote=16653:@Dave S]Everyone of them is
a) during the week
b) 10AM Westcoast time

So I guess only if you don’t have a day job are you able to take advantage (or in Europe where it would be 6-7PM :slight_smile: )
Based on the subject matter… it seems they are aimed more at Xojo customers who do NOT use this as their “job”
otherwise they would probably be well beyond the subject matter indicated…[/quote]
These webinars are primarily geared towards the many people evaluating and considering using Xojo as part of their day job, so they would want to watch the webinar while at work.

However, if you have suggestions for future webinar topics and times, feel free to make them known. I expect to do one a week for the foreseeable future and am open to suggestions.

When there is a valuable (and work-related) training opportunity, especially for free, my work encourages me to take part. Continued education is of paramount importance, especially in our field. Now, this is all within reason. For example, I could find something, somewhere every day, but all in good balance. I’d think most employers would know that now?

7am works for me, but not on Saturday, so keep it Monday to Thursday please.

One way to deal with the time issues with webinars is how many companies do it… If you attend live you get to ask questions etc… But they also make the recordings available afterwards for some period of time to those that register on the website to get a wider audience (and more leads).

Would like to see/attend some Web Edition Webinars that cover topics like Session handling, push, javascript, Custom URL handlers, Deployment etc.

Suggestion. Xojo joins the webinar as a guest and record the session from that computer. Then edit the session (basically truncates the before the start and the after finish parts) and publish the session on Xojo’s youtube channel for those who lost the event.

The webinars are already all recorded. The recordings will eventually be made available for everyone.

This session:

[quote]July 30, 1p to 2p ET: Creating a Chat application

In this session, Paul Lefebvre (the Xojo Developer Evangelist) will show you how to use Xojo to create a chat application that runs in your web browser.[/quote]

will demonstrate Xojo Push capabilities.