WebContainer not showing

Looking for something I may have missed…

I’ve a tab control (Graffiti tabStrip) (amongst other controls) on a WebContainer that is embedded on a WebPage. There are 11 “tabs” ergo 11 WebContainers. The first time a WebContainer for a tab is needed, it is dynamically created, embedded in the WebContainer (that’s covering most of the page), and positioned in place. Visibility is set depending on which tab is selected. (A control on a WebContainer may be needed while not visible, so it is possible for a WebContainer to be created & initially hidden.)

That said, out of the 11 “tabs”, I have 2 that won’t display. I’ve checked and I’m not changing the visibility except in the appropriate tab-needed routine. I’ve gone so far as to set the zIndex of the WebContainers when they’re being created to something “large” starting at 350 & jumping by 50 for every new tab’s WebContainer.

I’ve gone through the Layout view, ensured that only Top & Left are locked and that Visible is set to true. (I’ve selected all controls and toggled the locks & visible to ensure change.)

All of the routines are similar, essentially only the member variable’s name is changed.

Here’s an example of one of the tabs that does not display:

if mFinancialTab = nil then

mFinancialTab = new ccWorksTabFinancial
    mFinancialTab.EmbedWithin self, webTabWorks.Left, webTabWorks.Top + webTabWorks.Height + 5, mFinancialTab.Width, mFinancialTab.Height
    mFinancialTab.ZIndex = 450

end if

mFinancialTab.Visible = webTabWorks.Value = kTAB_FINANCIAL

Return mFinancialTab

Use the browser tools to find out if the div is getting set visible, and if it is visible, if it may end up in the wrong place.
Web is tough to debug without digging around what the browser is actually doing.

Did you create your own constructor on ccWorksTabFinancial? If so, my experience is that when you use your own constructor, the designtime properties (like width and height) are not set (correctly).

[quote=301714:@Tim Parnell]Use the browser tools to find out if the div is getting set visible, and if it is visible, if it may end up in the wrong place.
Web is tough to debug without digging around what the browser is actually doing.[/quote]

Well, I opened up the debugger window for Safari… and had no idea what I was looking for.

No, those are not subclassed.

Other ideas? I just tested with the release from today & no change.

I made a tutorial on finding certain elements and hiding them in Xojo Web earlier this year:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10504478/HideElement.mp4

Maybe it’ll help you use the element selector to get close to those divs and see where they’re hiding.