WebAudioPlayer with a WebFile on Safari

WebAudioPlayer with a WebFile as audioURL

I was working around with WebAudioPlayer, but I’m not able to play an mp3 loaded into a folder, here is the code:

Dim f As FolderItem = App.mp3_folder.Child("audio_file.mp3")

If f <> Nil And f.Exists Then

App.my_mp3 = WebFile.Open(f)
App.my_mp3.ForceDownload = True
AudioPlayer.MP3URL =App.my_mp3.URL

End If

Gives me this Message:

Could somebody help me to understand why does it not work and what does “Live Broadcast” mean?
Thanks Roberto

Download Audio Example Project
http://www.docstool.com/example_projects/audio/AudioPlayer_WebFile.xojo_binary_project

Try turning ForceDownload off.

Live Broadcast typically means that the source material is being streamed directly on air.

The problem exists only on Safari.
I Tried with:

[code]Dim f As FolderItem = App.mp3_folder.Child(“audio_file.mp3”)

If f <> Nil And f.Exists Then

App.my_mp3 = WebFile.Open(f)
App.my_mp3.ForceDownload = False
AudioPlayer.MP3URL =App.my_mp3.URL

End If[/code]

But it will give me same problem:

There should be a problem with Safari… (my Safari Version is old: 6.1.5 (8537.77.4) )

Same problem with Safari 7.1.

Could somebody help me?

Web Audio player is not part of Xojo framework, right?

So problem is that sound does not play for you?
Or the text “Live Broadcast”?

Roberto is playing with a Studio Stable Web Essentials control. I’ve provided an answer to this offline.

The problem is that the sound does not play for me in both (AudioPlayer that is in Xojo Example Projects and in WEAudioPlayer that is a Studio Stable Web Essentials control)

As you can see in my Audio Example Project (with AudioPlayer that is in Xojo Example Projects):
sample file

The problem appears in both so i suppose that is a Safari problem (as explained from Brad Hutchings)

I’m working around to resolve it

Thanks

[quote=123222:@Roberto Calvi]The problem is that the sound does not play for me in both (AudioPlayer that is in Xojo Example Projects and in WEAudioPlayer that is a Studio Stable Web Essentials control)

As you can see in my Audio Example Project (with AudioPlayer that is in Xojo Example Projects):
sample file

The problem appears in both so i suppose that is a Safari problem (as explained from Brad Hutchings)

I’m working around to resolve it

Thanks[/quote]
I just tried your example project and the audio file plays just fine in Safari 7.0.5.