WebApplication and sessions problem

Hello,

I will start by explaining my problem:

I have a web application that has some properties, one of this properties is the username.
I run this application in a browser and I set as username the value User1.
Then I open a new tab in the browser and I open the application again (without closing the first one). In this new tab I set the username as User 2.
Then I go back to the first tab and when I display the username, it says User 2!

Why is this happening? I thought every tab had it’s own session so I don’t know why are they getting mixed.

How do I solve this?

Thank you very much.

[quote=133765:@marc tomas]I have a web application that has some properties, one of this properties is the username.
I run this application in a browser and I set as username the value User1.
Then I open a new tab in the browser and I open the application again (without closing the first one). In this new tab I set the username as User 2.
Then I go back to the first tab and when I display the username, it says User 2!

Why is this happening? I thought every tab had it’s own session so I don’t know why are they getting mixed.[/quote]

You may be using an app or a module property. Use a session property and you will be fine.

just tried that with a session user string property and there is no mix up.

To reiterate what Michel said, any properties that you wish to be Session specific should be put on the Session object and refered to as such:

Session.Username = "bob smith"

One new session object is created for each new connection to the app.

Ok, I have moved all the user specific properties to the session object instead of the application object and it seems to be solved. Thanks.