webapp doesn't start

I run a web app (2014 2r1) on CentOS 6 using Firefox on Win7 and had the following error

[quote]Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.[/quote]
So I installed Xojo 2014 2r1 on this server and started the app locally, without any error.

Then I installed another web-app and started it again from Firefox on the same win7
And this works
Both apps where compiled on this server.

What can be the difference?

Is the Executable bit set on in the Permissions for the CentOS version?

[quote=185400:@roland brouwers]I run a web app (2014 2r1) on CentOS 6 using Firefox on Win7 and had the following error

So I installed Xojo 2014 2r1 on this server and started the app locally, without any error.

Then I installed another web-app and started it again from Firefox on the same win7
And this works
Both apps where compiled on this server.

What can be the difference?[/quote]

Make sure the Application Identifier is not the same.

all are executable
What do you mean by
“Make sure the Application Identifier is not the same.”
Do you mean that 2 apps should not have the same app ID?
That is not the case.

[quote=185478:@roland brouwers]all are executable
What do you mean by
“Make sure the Application Identifier is not the same.”
Do you mean that 2 apps should not have the same app ID?
That is not the case.[/quote]

If two apps have the same app ID and one is already running, you get an internal server error when trying to launch the second one.

Since you say another app on the same server runs fine, and if permissions are set up right, that could be an explanation. Or a bad transfer mode ?

Make sure you have libicu.i686 installed.

libicu.i686 is already installed
Situation:
We have two xojo-apps with same complexity
One works, the other doesn’t.
When I assume that the error occurs before the xojo-app starts, the problem should be the configuration files.
I tried:
I copied the two executable files into the config directory of the app that works. (/var/www/cgi-bin//)
And
I changed the config.cfg and modified the name of the app.
Then I started localy on the server this app : //var/www/cgi-bin/<working-app>/<nameofappInTrouble.cgi>
I had the same error
[h]So the error must be located in the app?[/h]

Built for the right platform?

yes. I mean Linux

9 times out of 10 my web app won’t start due to issues in the app.open event. 1 time out of 10 I’ve screwed up the upload/installation. However I work on a sane os (Windows) not a unix look-alike.

My advice is to look at your project and make sure all resources required are copied/correct.

Check your Ports! I’ve once searched for hours why web app didn’t start until I found out that only for StandAlone Apps the Port Number must be defined in Build Settings. For CGI builds it must be set to “Choose automatically”

The setting was “Choose automatically”

I would assume that if the error is within xojo, there would be an error.log file.
But there isn’t.
The only extra (non standard) plugin I use is MBS_dynapdf. So I copied that plugin from the working app to the not-working.
Same problem.

There are no messages in /var/log/messages

What happens if you add a blank webpage to the project and set it as default, which will effectively stop execution of all code that is not in App and session ? If the error still occurs, start commenting out methods in App and Session. You are bound to locate the location of the error.

I did insert a webpage and set it as default.
I did a run and it stopped as you said.
I compiled and got the same error

I looked in /var/log/httpd/error.log
and this is the message:

[quote][Fri May 08 12:23:08 2015] [error] [client ::1] Can’t use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /var/www/cgi-bin/itactwebbestek/itactwebbestek.cgi line 118.
[Fri May 08 12:23:08 2015] [error] [client ::1] Premature end of script headers: itactwebbestek.cgi
[/quote]

Here is the line in the cgi file
line 118: print $sock $body;

[quote=185621:@roland brouwers]I did insert a webpage and set it as default.
I did a run and it stopped as you said.
I compiled and got the same error[/quote]

It appears the error is somewhere in the program. Since making a blank page as default does not prevent the issue, force is to conclude it is something in the App or Session events, most probably Open, that triggers it.

As I understand from the logfile /var/log/httpd/error.log the error comes from [quote]/var/www/cgi-bin/itactwebbestek/itactwebbestek.cgi[/quote] .

I think that the .cgi part is something of xojo(start of webpage).
My app is [quote] /var/www/cgi-bin/itactwebbestek/itactwebbestek[/quote]
without the .cgi

Are am i wrong

The error is produced in the .cgi module in /var/www/cgi-bin and this is a Perl program

This web-app always worked. Suddenly not anymore.
I need to deliver this to a client. So this is URGENT

Is there nobody who could examine the .cgi part of the start-up? Or whatever.

According to Apache (or web server of choice) the problem is the CGI script because its the one thats failing. Of course the CGI script is probably not failing, its quitting when it can’t launch your app. You need to attempt to figure out why your app is not staying alive when launched - if its launching at all.