Web: Force Refresh of a window?

On a Webpage i have a prgoresswheel, which by default is invisible. In a method /action Event of a button, I want to make it visible, do my stuff and make it invisible again.

Unfortunately it seems to be the case, that the updated window with the activated wheel is not send to the browser before my method has finished. So the wheel is not shown at all…

How can I do a force refresh of the webpage?

You can’t. This is how Xojo Web works. Javascript is sent to the browser as one blob at the end of the method.

In the button action event you should make the ProgressWheel visible and start a thread to do your processing. At the end of the thread, using which ever method you choose (Timer/Event/ThreadAccessingUI) hide the progress wheel.

[quote=302707:@Stefan Zilz]On a Webpage i have a prgoresswheel, which by default is invisible. In a method /action Event of a button, I want to make it visible, do my stuff and make it invisible again.

Unfortunately it seems to be the case, that the updated window with the activated wheel is not send to the browser before my method has finished. So the wheel is not shown at all…

How can I do a force refresh of the webpage?[/quote]

I bet you make it visible and invisible within the same event. In Web, UI is refreshed only at the end of an event. So indeed you never see the change.

Use a timer and break your code in two distinct events.