Web Field Mask?

I can see it’s easy enough on a desktop app, but there doesn’t seem to be a field property for it on the web app builder. How/where would I do a simple phone mask, say: ###-###-####

Thanks

it may be worth a feedback case for a feature request.
This could be done mostly on the client in JavaScript to avoid extra cycles to server…

Are you saying it’s not possible? How do Xojo developers handle that? It’s hard to believe that end-users wouldn’t be screaming for that. My clients expect that kind of basic functionality. Eh?

We created our own. It’s not available for sale on our website but if you’re interested in purchasing the source you can contact me at support@bkeeney.com.

That’s very kind of you, Bob. I am currently evaluating XoJo and watching many videos including several of yours. If I commit I will definitely contact you. Thank you very much.

There’s also GraffitiWebFieldMask.

Thanks for that link. It’s very encouraging to see quite a bit of 3rd party support. Personally, I think a lot of this stuff should be built into Xojo, but at least it’s available and that’s critical.

Well, I suspect that Web 2.0 will have a lot of this baked in. We’ll know more in a week about what to expect from Web 2.0 when Greg talks about it at XDC.

So I take it that Web 2.0 refers to Xojo’s web component?

Yes. Web 1.0 is the current implementation. Web 2.0 is a mostly complete rewrite from the ground up. Here were my notes from XDC 2018: https://www.bkeeneybriefs.com/2018/04/xdc-2018-web-2-0-notes/

Great. Thanks for that.

Xojo has, historically, focused on the core of development and left everything else to the customer. I like this as a customer – not just as a supplier of third-party components – as they can focus on the compiler and IDE.

Web 2.0 will have a lot of the more minor missing features baked in, but from what I’ve read it’s not going to be a massive change that allows for a lot of customization. If you look at the library they’re basing it on, there’s still a lot missing.