web app listbox not working on ipad

Running my Xojo 2014 v 3 web app on ipad is not working. When I select a row in any listbox, it actually selects a row three for rows down or it double selects a lower row.

I tried adding a new listbox, but the problem persisted.

I tried to load the app into Xojo 2014 v2, but I get an error claiming buttons do not exist that clearly do exist.

An older version does run correctly in Xojo 2014 v2.

Anyone else have these problems? Any ideas?

<https://xojo.com/issue/37482> WebListBox Rows Not Selectable on Scrolled WebPage on Mobile Browsers

This has been fixed and will probably be included in the next release.

https://forum.xojo.com/18522-weblistbox-rows-not-selectable-on-scrolled-webpage

Whenever you come across a bug, it is best to search this forum and Feedback. You’ll often find workarounds and/or that it is already reported as a bug.

Not sure it’s this error or not.

and . . . You’re saying I have to tell my clients they have to wait months to use my app?

Not a good marketing model.

[quote=158468:@John Scanlan]and . . . You’re saying I have to tell my clients they have to wait months to use my app?

Not a good marketing model.[/quote]

What about simply running a 2014R2 build until the fixed version appears ?

I tried to load the app into Xojo 2014 v2, but I get an error claiming buttons do not exist that clearly do exist.

The item does not exist error may be simple enough to solve. Where do you get the error ? Is it in a method that is on the same webpage as the buttons or elsewhere ?

If you add a new button to the webpage, just for debug purposes, are you able to reference it in the same code where the error appears ?

BTW, something tells me it will definitely not be months for the fixed version to be here :wink:

When compiling I get the error for random buttons in different containers:

“containerAthletes.btnAddAthlete.Name Layout (property name) This item does not exist Name”

The buttons are in different control arrays and I can select them.

I am sorry, I do not understand that code. “Name Layout” is not a normal WebButton property. Normally, properties are simply addressed after the dot. Could you post a real example of your code ?

There have been a few changes that may explain the issue, but without a concrete example no way to know what is going on.

If you are encountering this issue, please download the 2014r3 WEUpdate patch. For more information, see:

https://forum.xojo.com/18174-weblabel-patch-for-known-issues-in-2014r3

Greg . . . I downloaded the zip file, dragged the object into my app and then dragged it into the first window that loads on the iPad. Didn’t work. Still when I select row #1, the app actually selects row #4.

Hm. Can you add a sample to that case so I can see what else is broken?

Workin on it . . .

Ok, got the error to repeat on the ipad in a small app. How do I add my sample file to the case?

What I did was insert a weblistbox into a container and embed the container in a webpage; not at x=0,y=0 but at x=100,y=100.

Go to the case, add a note, and drag the project into the attachments box at the bottom.

Make sure you explain the exact problem you are having.

Please note: if the case is already marked fixed, it would be better to file a new report.

It is marked fixed. The new case is #37760 - webListbox in container not working on ipad.

Same issue here !
Is there a workaround ?

It’s been verified by Xojo, so they should working on a patch.

The workaround is to go back 2014 R4.2 Bleeh.

With Xojo 2014r3.2 is not fixed.
Works only with 2014r2.1.

Nope, didn’t solve the listbox in a container on ipad issue: case #37760