Web 2.0 WebSearchField: Event "Pressed" doesn't fire?

I have a websearchfield and in the event “Pressed” a Messagebox saying hello to me. When I press the Enter-Button in the websearchfield (or any other button), nothing happens.

In the language reference I read:

" WebSearchField.Pressed: The user pressed the Enter key, Return key, Search button or Cancel button."

An error in XOJO or what did I wrong?

I am not getting the Pressed event when hitting the return or enter key in Firefox with Xojo 2020r2.1 or 2021r2.1 though I do get it if I click the search icon. It seems the part about “Enter key, Return key” isn’t correct.

Whether it’s going to get fixed or closed as a documentation error is up to the Xojo staff if you file a feedback ticket.

Safari and Chrome works when pressing Enter, Firefox, as Tim reported, doesn’t work. At least using this mac.

I created a feedback case, thank you guys :slight_smile:

Your case was auto-closed after 10 days without a response. You may want to try to re-open or create a new feedback.

I already created a similar feedback for the textchange event of the websearchfield, and it has been reproductible for more than a month …
<https://xojo.com/issue/65820>

Thanks Jean-Yves. I reopend the case.

By the way: How will I be noticed that the status of my case is changed? I didn’t get an email. Or did I overlook it?

sometimes you get an email when the status changes, sometimes not…
it’s also almost mandatory to provide a text project even simpliest one
or your case gets closed after 10 days.

Good to know. Next time I’ll provide a small project.

sorry not a “text” project but a “test” project ! :wink: