Using Sikuli?

Pretty much seeking anyone with experience using Shell functions, or who can provide me a better way of accomplishing this.

From what I understand, I would have to have to call SikuliX from the command line, although not sure how to get information back from it. This seems possible with the shell example, but i’m having mixed results. While SikuliX is written in Java, I would really like to get it working before I resort to spending money on mods (etc), and not really sure if using a mod (like MonkeyBread Software) would actually work for the idea I have in mind.

Any suggestions?

If it doesn’t output anything to the cmd line you’ll probably not have much luck that way since thats basically what a shell will provide
access to

Any ideas on how i can call it without use of command line? it’s written in Java, and i’d like to test some functionality before going about purchasing the MonkeyBread Software plugin for stability. I may be attempting the impossible, but if not, Sikuli’s ability to recognize images would be an incredible tool for the idea behind the software i’m designing.

Does it work right now from the command line ? Have you tried ? What happens ? Are you getting any message back ?

Mixed result does not mean much…

Idiot moment, i was trying to use a -j or -g modifier (tested both) to keep opening the ide silent, only the ide isn’t even opened, it’s just the script. because of that, it kicks out a error like this: ‘LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -1712 for the file /Users//Dropbox//images.sikuli.’

Omitted two directory names for privacy purposes. I imagine this isn’t the last error I will encounter trying to make this beast, but thank you for your patience with me so far.

[quote=131598:@David Coffey]Idiot moment, i was trying to use a -j or -g modifier (tested both) to keep opening the ide silent, only the ide isn’t even opened, it’s just the script. because of that, it kicks out a error like this: ‘LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -1712 for the file /Users//Dropbox//images.sikuli.’

Omitted two directory names for privacy purposes. I imagine this isn’t the last error I will encounter trying to make this beast, but thank you for your patience with me so far.[/quote]

Before doing shells, I always make sure the interactive command line works 100%. Saves a lot of aggravation later :wink: