Using DLLs in a project

Hi -
John elsewhere in this forum has pointed me to an external library which looks like it could be useful for what I’m trying to do. Unfortunately I really don’t know how to go about using it.
The external library in question is Redemption, http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo_introduction.htm
I get a bunch of DLLs, which I can register on Windows using regsvr32, but after that I’m baffled - how do I tell Xojo that they’re there, so I can use them in a method? Also, how do I start translating the sample code there to RealBasic (or XojoCode, or whatever it’s called now…)?
Thanks in advance for any help on this one; very much appreciated.
H

I’m cleverer than I thought.

Once you’ve downloaded Redemption, and registered it using regsvr32 as described in the read me file, code such as this will work.

[code]dim session, inbox, message as OLEObject
dim i as integer

session = New OLEObject(“Redemption.RDOSession”)
session.Logon

inbox = Session.GetDefaultFolder(6)

for i =1 to inbox.Items.Count
MsgBox(inbox.Items(i).Subject)
next[/code]

Posting here so when I come back to it in six months’ time I’ll be able to find it :wink:

Further info for anyone coming here to find it.

dim session, mailbox, message, stores as OLEObject
dim i as integer

session = New OLEObject(“Redemption.RDOSession”)
session.Logon

stores = Session.Stores
// stores allow you to have more than one mailbox within Outlook - e.g. different accounts. You can find what’s in them by looping through their folders. The root folder is found thus:
// for i = 1 to stores.count
// rootfolder = stores.item(i).ipmrootfolder
// next
// You can then do stuff with rootfolder.folders.count, looping through them and referring to root folder.folders(i).
// Each folder has a unique ID, rootfolder.folders(i).entryid

inbox = Session.GetDefaultFolder(6)
// or, alternatively, inbox = rootfolder.folders(i) if you don’t want to use the default.

for i =1 to inbox.Items.Count
MsgBox(inbox.Items(i).Subject)
next