Useragent and notifications

Hi!
I considering using Xojo for an ios-app (and android when available. The app is a simple web page wrapper with push notifications.
What I need to know is if there is a way to set the user-agent for the html-viewer in IOS? There’s a method for mac os, but not for IOS and I can’t find anything in monkeybread’s plugin. Any hints on how to accomplish this if possible?
Also if anyone have any good links for notifications in Xojo IOS apps I’d be very grateful. As I understand it, this is not implemented in Xojo.
Edit:
I just noticed a link below this post on notifications :slight_smile: https://forum.xojo.com/44906-new-notifications-framework/0#p364948

Just a warning that Apple is going to be more strict on these types of apps soon and you may or may not have trouble pushing this to the store. App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

Not only what Tim mentioned… but isn’t there only ONE user-agent for web browser in iOS (Safari for iOS?)… or am I misunderstanding the question

I believe OP was asking how to set or override the User-Agent string for iOSHTMLViewer.

TIm is correct. I’m only interested in setting the user-agent and be able to distinguish requests from my app to my web CMS, giving it a more appified look and so on.
Concerning Apple Guidelines I’m hoping for Apple to accept it since it’s a news app with unique content, we have a bunch of these at work and they have, a least so far, been accepted.

If it really is only a web view with notifications I would bet it would be easier to do with Xcode (considering the hurdles with notifications in Xojo)

Yes, but I want Android too and since I’m optimistic I am betting on Xojo delivering android support in 2018 :slight_smile:
But if notifications are too hard to do in Xojo I might have to reconsider.

Agreed. I have some private classes suporting notifications but recommend you just use Xcode for such a simple app where most things relating to notifications are done for you.

I’ll have a look at it, thanks for the replies!