User report Virus in my App

Have a user helping me test my application. He has report that Panda Free Antivirus says it’s infected with a virus. I have tested it on a Mac using VMFusion, Windows 7, with PC Matic which has NOT indicated any problem.

I have added Kaju to my app, this is the first version with that installed that the uses has received.

Kaju uses/install a ‘script’. Could this be the problem?

The script could trigger a false positive, but you may also be infected without your knowledge with a virus that escapes your AV utility.

You may want to test your installer package and your program files with Virustotal, where your files will be tested with several different engines. You will have a better confidence level that it is (or not) a false positive.

When I last checked a file on VirusTotal, the following engines scanned my file:
ALYac, AVG, AVware, Ad-Aware, AegisLab, Agnitum, AhnLab-V3, Alibaba, Antiy-AVL, Arcabit, Avast, Avira, Baidu-International
BitDefender, Bkav, ByteHero, CAT-QuickHeal , CMC, ClamAV, Comodo, Cyren, DrWeb, ESET-NOD32, Emsisoft, F-Prot, F-Secure
Fortinet, GData, Ikarus, Jiangmin, K7AntiVirus, K7GW, Kaspersky, Kingsoft, Malwarebytes, McAfee, McAfee-GW-Edition,
MicroWorld-eScan, Microsoft, NANO-Antivirus, Panda, Qihoo-360, Rising, SUPERAntiSpyware, Sophos, Symantec, Tencent , TheHacker
TrendMicro, TrendMicro-HouseCall, VBA32, VIPRE, ViRobot, Zillya, Zoner, nProtect

All of the engine signatures were recently updated. If your files do not reveal a virus after all these scans, then you can reasonably claim that your program install package is OK.

Thanks, did that. Did not find any thing.

The user who reported the problem has not run the app, without problem, and Kalu did it thing and DL and replaced the app.

I have also tested, using VMFusion, with win 7 and 10. So I think I’m ok.

I could not get Kaju to start the updating process, I think it was the way I had my version set up. so I had to send the user an app with the version corrected.

Don’t use “Avira Free Antivirus” (MAC Version) if you have old PowerPC compiled Xojo/RealBasic applications on your disk. Avira detects a virus in all PowerPC apps and move it to the quarantine folder.

You can declare an exception on those antivirus, and it is important to report to the corresponding antivirus manufacturers so that they fix their product. False positives are a pain in the neck.