Use RowSet or Recordset with prepared statement?

I’m lost, the IDE won´t show me the Recordset options or the ability to search for help from within the ide.

[code]dim ps as MySQLPreparedStatement
ps = session.db.Prepare(“SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE something = ? AND somethingelse = ?”)

ps.BindType(0, MySQLPreparedStatement.MYSQL_TYPE_STRING)
ps.BindType(1, MySQLPreparedStatement.MYSQL_TYPE_STRING)

dim rs as RowSet

rs = ps.SQLSelect(something, somethingelse)[/code]

I try to run the web app and I get an error message as follows:

usuario_class.cargar_usuario, line 12
Type mismatch error. Expected class RowSet, but got class RecordSet
rs = ps.SQLSelect(something, somethingelse)

So I should continue to use Recordset even though I have lost all IDE support for it? I was really excited about Api 2.0, now I want to kick it in the shin LOL

since r2 there is a new variant, you put the parameters behind the query
Database.SelectSQL(SQLStatement as String [,ParamArray values() as Variant]) As RowSet

RowSet is a new class and RecordSet the old one.

your example mixed “deprecated” with new things.

if you mark “RecordSet” in source code editor and hit the ? icon button in toolbar you should find a info about.

Welcome to the next 10 years of the Xojo experience.

yeah deprecated should be in other color, kursiv, crossed out or whatever …
its not end-user friendly yet.

[quote=461280:@Markus Rauch]since r2 there is a new variant, you put the parameters behind the query
Database.SelectSQL(SQLStatement as String [,ParamArray values() as Variant]) As RowSet

RowSet is a new class and RecordSet the old one.

your example mixed “deprecated” with new things.

if you mark “RecordSet” in source code editor and hit the ? icon button in toolbar you should find a info about.[/quote]

Right… I need to catch up with the changes. Thanks for your reply

[quote=461284:@Markus Rauch]yeah deprecated should be in other color, kursiv, crossed out or whatever …
its not end-user friendly yet.[/quote]
Yes, yes, yes

let us see your result with SelectSQL

SelectSQL worked just fine. I guess it’s just a matter of getting used to the new ways. I still think you are right about the IDE not being user friendly when it comes to the deprecated stuff.