USB Port Leaning At Angle And USB Device Stuck

Hey there,

I am finding it difficult to remove my USB device in one port (this has a small USB device plugged in), the other one seems to be stuck at angle and would probably require great force to get anything in there. Also I have two USB ports on the left of my laptop that don’t seem to have any function.

So it seems like I have 4 USB ports and non are usable. Could someone please suggest something?

Thanks

Without meaning to state the obvious - have you considered maybe getting it repaired?

How much would I repair like this cost? Do you think a friend could help?

Thanks

1. I have no idea, as I have never payed to have that kind of problem repaired.
  2. I have no idea as I do not know any of your friends.

Why don’t you ask your friends if they can help? Or alternatively, take your machine into a repair shop and see what they say.

:slight_smile:

I will see what happens. Thanks

If there is one that still works, it looks like time to invest into a £10 USB hub…

Seems strange that ports on both sides of the machine are erroneous at the same time?
Have you checked your settings and ensured that something has not been disabled?

[quote=175004:@Richard Summers]Seems strange that ports on both sides of the machine are erroneous at the same time?
Have you checked your settings and ensured that something has not been disabled?[/quote]
One side is faulty from damages to hardware. One has a jammed USB port, one is at an angle and the other two don’t seem to be faulty on the hardware side. But since I bought the laptop that never worked anyway.

Thanks

[quote=174993:@Oliver Scott-Brown]How much would I repair like this cost? Do you think a friend could help?

Thanks[/quote]

It is easy to fix yourself. Reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvV0hCN4vP8

My bad, after reviewing the video, this one seems more appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVsVih_wGgw

Thanks for the suggestion.

Get yourself a soldering gun and go to town! :slight_smile: